AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: runway level  (Read 6441 times)

rashers

runway level
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »
hi lads can anyone sort out this problem for me when a aircraft coming in to land it never goes down to ground fully is there a setting i go in to thanks

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: runway level
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:59:41 PM »
You need to set the QNH for that airfield. Go to the SmartView tab and enter the correct airfield at the top, then make sure the Auto Set QNH box is ticked.

That should help.

Rod
Rod

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:10:06 PM »
Although bear in mind that, with the QNH set, the height shown just before touchdown will be the airfield elevation, which probably won't be 0ft.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

rashers

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »
i will try that thanks lads for ter help

rashers

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »
i hav tried this lads still no joy any other suggestions when the planes is landing it shows the plane is still up in the air

DaveReid

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »
i hav tried this lads still no joy any other suggestions when the planes is landing it shows the plane is still up in the air

What airfield are you talking about ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

rashers

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 09:48:11 AM »
shannon ireland

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 10:13:50 AM »
To confirm, you put EINN on the SmartView tab, and ticked the auto-QNH box.

Can you actually receive aircraft all the way down to the ground?  And remember, they will stop at 46ft AMSL.

rashers

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
i cant receive them all the way down to the ground that answers tat stops at 46ft another one how do u take sreenshots im not that great at computers just i have a busy day over ireland with us traffic i want to post them tarbat thanks for ur help shannon ireland

DaveReid

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 11:49:22 AM »
It occurs to me that I don't know how RB QNH adjustment actually works (I don't use it), can someone enlighten me ?

Given that aircraft report height/altitude to the nearest 25 or 100ft, relative to 1013.2mb, is the QNH-adjusted height still shown to the same precision ?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:20:06 PM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
It is still to the nearest 25ft after the adjustment.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 01:52:12 PM »
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1048.msg7942#msg7942 probably doesn't fully explain it :(

You're not wrong there - I'd forgotten about that thread, but that seems to be all about pilots twiddling things in the cockpit and affecting the altitude transmitted, which I don't think is the case.

Though come to think of it, twiddling the throttle and stick might have an effect :-)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
You're not wrong there - I'd forgotten about that thread, but that seems to be all about pilots twiddling things in the cockpit and affecting the altitude transmitted, which I don't think is the case.

I'd assumed it was the case, but might well be wrong.  Doesn't what the pilot set as the pressure on the aircraft's altimeter affect what altitude gets transmitted?

DaveReid

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
Doesn't what the pilot set as the pressure on the aircraft's altimeter affect what altitude gets transmitted?

Not as far as I'm aware - after all, if the transmitted altitude reflected the QNH set by the pilot, then there wouldn't be any need for RadarBox to make any further adjustment.

If you have access to raw data, one of the ELS DAPs (register BDS4,0) includes the actual QNH (in mb) set by the pilot, at least in the case of Airbuses, although many Boeings send a fixed value of 1013.2 even below the transition altitude.