AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarRama antenna for sale Australia.  (Read 2071 times)

covernotes

RadarRama antenna for sale Australia.
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »
Very reluctant sale of my RadarRama antenna. The wild weather of Melbourne necessitated
that place an anti static device in the system. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9419 This device connects directly to the antenna. Unfortunately the RadarRama antenna mount was too small to house the anti static device. I have had to revert back to the homebrew antenna. Almost, but not quite as good as the RadarRama. The RamaRama antenna effortlessly received signals 225 nm plus. Melbourne into New South Wales and South Australia. $100 Australian Dollars posted to anywhere in Australia. [email protected]

Mike_Tassy

Re: RadarRama antenna for sale Australia.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »
The best anti static device available wouldn't put my mind at ease with such a sensitive device as the ANRB.  My solution   - unplug the antenna in stormy weather.
Its a good idea to have an antenna enclosed in a radome, bare wires with rain beating against it creates such static. 
 It would also be a good idea to have a second antenna setup somewhere under cover for such times.  Maybe in the roof space
I have built the VK4-TEK collinear and I can get 250 - 260 nm , I am in Burnie Tas
Cheers
Mike

PS; Always remember to destatic your body before handling the antenna connector on the box - just touch something metal