AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vista SP2 BSD  (Read 2992 times)

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
Vista SP2 BSD
« on: July 31, 2009, 03:07:57 AM »
I have been running my Radar Box on a Vista Home Premium SP1 (64 bit) machine for the last 2 weeks with no problem other than the driver issue already addressed by AirNav.

This evening my computer was automatically updated to SP2 and after restarting it immediately went to the BSD with some sort of error message that I did not write down. I restarted a couple times, with and without using F8 to allow me to load the AirNav drivers but the same message kept occurring. The third or fourth time the computer asked if I wanted to roll back to the last good install, I did this and now everything seems to work correctly again.

I set Automatic Updates to Download but let me install them, and bypassed the SP2 update for now.

The only devices I have connected to the computer are the AirNav box and a DVI KVM switch made by Trendnet. I suppose that SP2 could be barking at either device. Has anyone else had issues with SP2 that could help me figure out if it is the AirNav box or not that is the root of this issue?

vonsmalhausen

Re: Vista SP2 BSD
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:32:32 AM »
i have Vista Home Premium SP2 on my laptop ( but i don't think i run a 64 bit ) and no problem with RB here.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »
Thanks for the info, think I'll leave SP2 alone for the time being!
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
i have Vista Home Premium SP2 on my laptop ( but i don't think i run a 64 bit ) and no problem with RB here.

I also have SP2 on my 32 bit Vista, apart from a problem due to the partition having been marked inactive and hence SP2 refusing to install until it was sorted out, it has been installed and working happily both with and without ANRB for months.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »
Bring on Windows7
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Geot

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »
I loaded SP2 on my Vista laptop without any problems to ANRB

GeoT

Fenris

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »
Bring on Windows7

It ought to be an improvement, but I have to say that after SP1 all of my noticeable Vista problems went away. I still think that MS should give a copy to all the Vista users, it was almost as bad as Windows ME in the early days.

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 01:21:12 AM »
Thanks for the replies Y'all! I guess I will give SP2 another shot when I feel lucky...