AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

MLAT not working after Raspi update and selecting yes instead of no for rbfeeder

<< < (8/8)

abcd567:

--- Quote from: DesertF0x on February 14, 2024, 09:55:45 AM ---
I ran into that problem a few days ago when doing a update on my Raspberry Pi and the version in the repo is still 0.2.11 which I downloaded in 2021.

$ apt-cache policy mlat-client
mlat-client:
  Installed: 0.2.11
  Candidate: 0.2.11
  Version table:
     0.2.11 500
        500 https://apt.rb24.com buster/main armhf Packages

--- End quote ---

You have Raspberry Pi OS BUSTER, which is too old.
Re-image your microSD card with BULLSEYE (or better with latest BOOKWORM), and install rbfeeder and mlat-client on it. You will get latest version of both.

DesertF0x:
I know that I am on Buster. It is still supported! Not everyone has time to reinstall everything on every new release... .

abcd567:

--- Quote from: DesertF0x on February 15, 2024, 08:37:40 AM ---I know that I am on Buster. It is still supported! Not everyone has time to reinstall everything on every new release... .

--- End quote ---

If you are happy to stay with old OS Buster, then you should also be happy to stay with old version (0.2.11) of mlat-client.

Why are you complaining? What is wrong with mlat-client version 0.2.11?

DesertF0x:
Because the version in the RB Repo is broken, see this thread and especially see here:

--- Quote from: DesertF0x on February 09, 2024, 08:36:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Runway 31 on December 13, 2022, 07:24:27 PM ---Note that the packages are updated only for the latest (current) version of raspbian OS (AKA Bullseye), not for older versions (buster). If we have A LOT of users running older OS's, we can create a package for that.....but my recommendation is to update the operating system.

Let me know if it is OK

Alan

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

flygpagen:

--- Quote from: abcd567 on December 17, 2023, 09:36:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: flygpagen on December 17, 2023, 07:05:11 PM ---Thanks for replying, but both my installs have MLAT-failure as reported in this thread also after update/re-install, so I tried the above.

--- End quote ---

If you have OS Bullseye or Buster, and mlat-client installed from Radarbox repository by command sudo apt install mlat-client fail, then install mlat-client's package which I have eralier built from source-code and made these avaiable for download and installation from my Github site.

mlat-client-package

--- End quote ---

Thanks, it is now running on both my locations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version