anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 1.4 - New Point of Situation  (Read 7905 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RadarBox 1.4 - New Point of Situation
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:15:07 AM »
Just a quick point of situation: the last 2 weeks have been spent testing updates each day with corrections being done by our development team.

The software development is totally finished and we are waiting for our 5 beta testers to approve one final feature / change.

When we have their green light we will finally release "AirNav RadarBox 2008".

This should happen between Wednesday and Friday.

DaveR

Re: RadarBox 1.4 - New Point of Situation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:56:49 AM »
I have read previous posts on the release of this and have tried to refrain from getting involved however I can resist no longer.

One of the main reasons I and many other bought radarbox was to log flights in the local area. When I spent my hard earned cash and got the unit running I found the logging was abysmal with records not being kept. No worry I saw on you forum this would be solved in 1.4 which would be released "real soon now". Nothing appeared but a post stating it would be released 100% before the end of Feb, this came and went and then a post saying it would be released in a handfull of days. Then another suggesting it was being released on Monday. Now this!

It would seem only a short time to wait but on past experience I'm not holding my breath! If the development is done release it and give us the features we bought the package for in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:39:11 AM by DaveR »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:39:18 AM »
Don't worry the Logging in 1.4 is amazing, we have taken onboard comments from customers to make it great.

We never also said it would be released on Monday, we gave an estimate last Friday of it being a handfull of days a way. A few users decided to place that to Monday.

You can read through the various posts on why it was delayed, we have kept everyone informed on what was going. The beta testers have posted pictures as well we just wanted to make sure it was 100% perfect.

Don't worry we are now very close to releasing this week.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveR

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:46:55 AM »
Applogies, just reread your announcement, read the first line and missed the bit in brackets:

"We would like to inform on several important steps that will be taken next Monday:

- Management of AirNav RadarBox UK's and Worldwide distribution network will be switched to Waters & Stanton - UK's leading suppliers of amateur and professional radio equipment, GPS, Marine and Aeronautical systems.

- New RadarBox Low Price: to be announced Monday.

- Release of the new "AirNav RadarBox 2008" software version: by far the most advanced flight tracking system ever developed for the enthusiast and professional user (to be launched during next week). Totally free upgrade to all existing users."

By the way despite my comments thanks very much for the swift response your support line has given in the past.

doro

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »
We never also said it would be released on Monday, we gave an estimate last Friday of it being a handfull of days a way. A few users decided to place that to Monday.

True, _sorry_ I interpreted a handfull at 5 ;)  That's just enthoushiasme and wanting to move forward with the use of the product. Will you send an e-mail to current users, so we don't have to log on every day to see if there is an link to a new download?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »
We are just waiting for a very small problem to be corrected and the download for the new version will be made available! :-)

mt007

• Super Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:50 AM »
Guys,
i have a question: who buy the RB now received version 1.4 or 1.3 and we most make updated from the website?
Thx.
Regards

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 12:38:06 AM »
If you buy now you will received a CD with V1.3. You will need to download V1.4 from our site.

mt007

• Super Сasual Dating - Real-life Girls
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 01:50:40 PM »
Ok, thx.
Regards.

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »
Will 1.4 be a complete replacement, meaning I do not need to upgrade and if I want can delete the complete 1.3 install and then reinstall 1.4 ?

I guess I should also ask are the drivers with 1.4 the same as with 1.3 ?
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »
Drivers are the same it is a different installation independent of V1.3.

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »
Drivers are the same it is a different installation independent of V1.3.

Cornwall, UK

DaveR

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 06:07:57 PM »
Okay got 2008 now only one complaint, I've been off work sick all week so why did you have to wait till just before I went back to relase it!. Seriously though it looks great and seems to do everything I want.