anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time out  (Read 7317 times)

Balding Badger

Time out
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »
I have been using Air Nav for a couple of months; occassionally the screen will loose all fliht info and all aurcraft will time out (basically the screen freezes). To clear this I have to log out and then back in again. Has anyone else had this problem or do you have any suggestions how to prevent it?
Many thanks!
BB

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
Re: Time out
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 07:44:54 PM »
check which version you are using make sure it is V1.5. goto 'help' then ' about' it should read anrb15

Balding Badger

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »
Hi Besty - yep I'm using V1.5

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 07:49:25 PM »
I have the same problem.

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 07:54:25 PM »
sorry lads I'm out of ideas now, hopefully someone with some more knowledge will have some advice.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 07:54:46 PM »
The only time I've had this problem is when I'm using a poor internet connection.  I've got Orange Internet Everywhere for the laptop, which is essentially a mobile phone in a USB stick.  It works fine when I can get 3G coverage, but most of the time it's only the standard "G".  RadarBox is fine with no internet at all and it's fine with a good internet connection, but I think that it doesn't like loosing the connection every now and then.

Orange Internet Everywhere - it's excellent, but maybe it should be renamed Orange Internet Sometimes :-)

Balding Badger

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »
Hi Allocator - I use NTL broadband and don't have any issues with it; interestingly I have also had the problem when I'm not connected to the net!
Thanks for all your replies so far folks!
BB

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 08:06:15 PM »
That's odd, definitely something else then.  Some of the earlier versions of RB ran slowly if you had "Share Data" selected when you weren't connected to the internet, but this has been long fixed.  You have to look at your PC here I think.  If it was an issue, it would happen for everybody.  Anti-virus software, programs running in the background sucking up processing power, even a poor antenna connection?

When you say you have to log out, do you mean that you restart the PC, or just restart RB?

Sorry, I keep editing this reply - do you loose Network traffic and live traffic at the same time?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 08:08:02 PM by Allocator »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »
If all the flights go white there are two reasons

1.) You have lost connection to the RadarBox, give us details on your USB connection such as whether its through a hub etc..?

2.) Some other process or application is taking all the CPU starving RadarBox 2008 so it cannot update, anything else running in the background?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 08:10:11 PM »
Some things to consider.

1. Any chance you've got power-saving enabled on the USB port?

2. Or does this happen when the screen is minimised, or the PC has gone into suspend status?  v1.5 is known to freeze in these situations, and that's fixed in the soon to be release v1.6.

3. Or, try and see what Radarbox is doing when it freezes.  I don't know what version of Windows you're running, but if it's Vista then use the Reliability/Performance section in Computer Management to see what ANRB.EXE is doing.  Is it using loads of CPU, or is it trying to write to a file, or trying to access the network, etc.   That sort of information may help diagnose what's going on.

Balding Badger

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »
Hi - I re-start ARB. The flights don't go white, no flights show at all. Is there a recommended processing speed that my PC should have?

Allocator

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
It should be OK if you've got a reasonably recent PC.  The spec is on the AirNav website, but I can't remember what it is.  What are you running it on and how much RAM do you have.  Your HD isn't full is it?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »
Ok, when the flight don't show at all, does it say RadarBox is connected? If so does the message counter show any messages being received?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Balding Badger

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 08:30:02 PM »
Hi Team - Not sure, I will need to check this as and when it happens again. I tend to panic and log out so as not to miss any flights!
Thanks for all your help!
BB

steveb25

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »
Guys

Allocator said that the problem with having share data ticked with no or poor internet connection had been resolved. I am not so sure about this.

If I leave the share data on with no internet, I get the same symptoms that Balding Badger gets. The program also runs very slow.