AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: radarbox problems  (Read 2780 times)

hofs

radarbox problems
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »
Hello
Can somebody confirm the following 2 flights between 1700 hrs and 1800 hrs . AE07BF  qid 93 and AE07B2  qid 94 both K35R.
These 2 mil codes came  without adsb  so they should be in MyFlights but they dont show up. They  only showup in smartview and cant be traced in Mylog.
It is a problem that happens a few times a day ?
Who can help?
Greets
Fred

Runway 31

Re: radarbox problems
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:40:31 PM »
fRED,

AE07BF 63-7979
AE07BF 61-0306

Regarding your problem, you must have set up a filter of some kind, have you pressed show all on the quick filter line.

Also on myflight there is a button ADSB only on the quick filter line, have you got it active?

Alan

hofs

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
Hello Alan
The show all button is on . Normally i get a lot of  flights including mill flights without adsb in Mylog but for some reason there are some flights that do not apear in myflights and for that reason not in mylog.
But why do they appear in smartview an not in myflights?
Can you confirm that these 2 flights were real or does my radarbox create flights that do not exist.

Fred

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15:16 PM »
Hi Fred, I can confirm those two, I picked them up this morning.
Dave.
 AE07B2  QID94                    61-0306 K35R  US - Air Force       2013/01/23 13:47:41 
 AE07BF  QID93                    63-7979 K35R  US - Air Force       2013/01/23 13:43:41
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

hofs

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
Hello Anorak
Thank you for the quick reply.
I think i just found the reason why they do not appear in myflights and in Mylog.
They appear in Smartview with all the data that can be filled in.
The aircraft however is not known in my  radarbox database.
It looks to me that this is the problem why they dont appear in myflights and mylog.
Do you know if this could be the reason?
Autopopulate is on.

Fred

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »
Hofs, 

With what you state the hex code at least should show in mylog, even if the other data doesnt.  To get these to populate the easiest way would be to download and install the latest Navdata as the aircraft in question have been in the d/b since 2010.

To get them to populate without the Navdata go to Mylog/Tools/Populate.  You may have to do this a couple of times.

To get the auopopulate you mention to work you require to click on the aircraft concerned or its row on the grid when it is on the screen to force the population.  It is not automatic.

Alan

hofs

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
Hello Alan
Does the autopopulate also work when i click on a flight in the smartview screen.?
Do i have to double click or only once.
But than there is still the question why does a flight appear in smartview and not in myflights.

Fred

hofs

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
Hello Alan
I forgot to ask, Does a populate change also the data that has been manualy changed by my self?

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
Fred,

Click on the flight or grid row and it should populate as long as it is in the database.  This can take up to 30 seconds or over dependent on server conditions.

I dont really know much about smart view as I dont use it but I dont see why it doesnt appear in both, maybe its the case of its in one or the other I dont know but maybe someone else will be able to answer.  Going by your previous answers the hex at least will be there as you have mentioned that the aircraft are not in your d/b so smart view cannnot have any further information either if that is the case.

Populate will only populate data into into hex codes with no other info contained and will not populate where there is included data.  Knowing the database the way I do I wouldnt worry even if it did.

Alan

hofs

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
Alan
Thanks for your help
Fred