AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Manchester Hold  (Read 8390 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Manchester Hold
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:33:42 PM »
DAYNE hold very busy at the moment - never seen 6 aircraft there before. The other holds are empty, though. Snow-clearing must be taking a long time.

EZY1918 gave up and is landing at Liverpool - MAN website's arrivals board hasn't caught up with it yet, though....

The rest have dispersed to Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham - more joining the stacks now.

Rod
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:31:45 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

bailey_uk

Re: Manchester Hold
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
I was at EGCC when they were holding!

VS77, delayed for 7 hours, eventually took off at 7pm after the the aircraft was de-iced with huge jets!

Fair few flights were cancelled till today so was lucky to even get away at all.
Had Laptop with me but didnt know how to install the drivers for the RB without a CD!
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

John S.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:42:48 PM »
Hi Rod

Nice shot, I note you are in Chorley, I am in Bolton, what antenna do you use, I have just bought the Watson RADAR EXTENDER and am waiting for some co-ax cable and decent weather to mount it outside, At the moment I am using the supplied antenna in the loft but have got two blind spots which I think are caused by the house end walls, I am hoping that the new antenna will cure this

Regards

John

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
Hi John

This link shows what I'm using. http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3808.msg37768#msg37768

Remember the aerial rule: Height is Might! I got a local company (Skytech) to erect it for me - £59 including mast and fittings etc. Very satisfied!

Rod

Rod

John S.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
Hi Rod

Thanks for the information, your installation looks similar to what mine will be like, still waiting for the Westflex, should have been here on thursday, but delayed no doubt due to the weather, don't blame the courier for not attempting to come on to our estate, only one road into and out of the estate and thats a steep hill, totally ungritted and now like a ski jump!

I will let you know the results together with photographs when I eventually get the antenna installed.

Thanks again

Regards

John.

.ps  At present my radar box and antenna are in the loft near to the antenna for the airband scanner and I am picking up interference on the scanner from the radar box, I might try putting the radar box in a screened and earthed steel box, I wonger if you have had this problem

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »
Hi John - I don't have a scanner, so I don't suffer from any interference problems.

The RadarBox doesn't seem to heat up at all, so I don't imagine that a screened box would give you any problems.

Good luck with the istallation once it becomes possible!

Rod
Rod