anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Miscodes  (Read 1596 times)

Chris11

Miscodes
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:00:20 AM »
Are there any people that are interested in miscodes? If so - where should they be posted.

As none of the ATC's in Africa monitor Mode-S (and most probably don't even know about it) there are a large number of aircraft flying around in my area with the Mode-S that tie up to the previous registration before it was imported into Africa. Should these be posted somewhere?

Runway 31

Re: Miscodes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
Chris,

I dont personally like using miscodes but it is the only way to identify some aircraft that use the miscode all their life and users pass them to us all the time.

All codes go should go into the database update thread and we then can add them to the d/b and mark them as a miscode in the CO field whre a hex has been identified as associated with a particular aircraft.  The aircraft are probably not ADSB equipped and will not appear on the network but would be available to you locally.

I would suggest that well more than half of the codes that come up on the updater screen each day are miscodes.  As you are aware problems can occur when the real holder of the hex comes up but as you are in South Africa the chances of you picking up the correct one are remote but it has happened to you in the past.

Alan

Alan
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:59:37 AM by Runway 31 »