anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Msgs/sec question?  (Read 11980 times)

GlynH

Re: Msgs/sec question?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 06:32:07 AM »
Promise?

That'll do for me AirNav! Thanks...just what I wanted to hear :-)

When I rebooted the machine last night I never saw the message count dropping to zero - it was behaving itself but that might also have been because the message count is much lower late at night.

Left the RB running overnight and when I got up this morning noticed it was doing the zero thing again but at least I know it is nothing to worry about...

I also noticed the Live Data clock seems erratic and jumps around a bit - as much as 8 seconds sometimes.

If you were interested in seeing it I just recorded a small video here;

http://www.glyn.me/radarbox/messages.html

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:37:03 AM by GlynH »

Blackthorn

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 07:45:10 AM »
Hi Glyn

I am unable to view anything from your links, I was going to PM you about the lock ups and menus to discuss what I had been trying but you cannot PM via the profile.

My solution is simple and at the moment seems to be working but I want to give it a bit more time to ensure it really does work.

GlynH

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »
Strange...it works here with IE7

Do you use Firefox or IE8?

I recall seeing somewhere else that this might cause an issue and there is code I could put into my webpage to overcome this...now if only I could remember where I saw it...

Yeah the profile restriction is annoying isn't it?

I wanted to pm someone else the other week but was unable to do so until I remembered we had exchanged pm's before and luckily I have copies of same that I could just reply to...

Mind you probably not as annoying as being spammed though!

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 07:49:34 AM »
I am unable to view anything from your links, I was going to PM you about the lock ups and menus to discuss what I had been trying but you cannot PM via the profile.

I'm able to send PMs okay.  Just go to your Inbox, and click on the "New Message" link.  Type in the users name, and send a message.

Blackthorn

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 08:27:56 AM »

Interested to know what route you are taking though Blackthorn - I suspected at one time something was happening when RB is taking time out to write the logs and other background tasks but that is only part of the story.

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

For three weeks now I have been running ANRB using just one core/CPU and as yet have had no lock ups or slow menus. This does not seem to affect the performance of RB. (For me anyway)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »
Blackthorn,

How are you forcing it to use one core?

Do you start RadarBox and go to Task Manager find the RadarBox process and right click on it and select affinity and only tick one CPU.

I wonder whether anyone else having the same issues can try the above and confirm its ok.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Blackthorn

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »
Blackthorn,

How are you forcing it to use one core?

Do you start RadarBox and go to Task Manager find the RadarBox process and right click on it and select affinity and only tick one CPU.

I wonder whether anyone else having the same issues can try the above and confirm its ok.

Yes, that is what I have been doing. I have tried it on three seperate Intel Quad core PC's and it has worked for me.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
Just for info, I run on an Intel dual-core PC, and have affinity set to both CPUs for Radarbox without any problems.  So it's possibly only on quad-core systems where this is a problem.

Blackthorn

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Just for info, I run on an Intel dual-core PC, and have affinity set to both CPUs for Radarbox without any problems.  So it's possibly only on quad-core systems where this is a problem.

I believe from other threads on this forum that there are some users with dual and quad core systems that have the slow menus and performance issue so it is worth giving this a try they have nothing to lose.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »

How do you get into "Task Manager" please?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 07:40:37 PM »
Press Ctrl-Alt and Delete

Rod
Rod

Blackthorn

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »
Then select program and set affinity.

Blackthorn

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 08:33:36 PM »
If any members are running a PC controlled receiver like the Icom PCR-1500 it is worth running that on a different CPU to the Airnav program.

Blackthorn

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 08:37:35 PM »
Press Ctrl-Alt and Delete

Rod

Or right click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen.