anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feature request.  (Read 5349 times)

reg

Feature request.
« on: October 04, 2008, 05:19:07 PM »
Hi Airnav. As a new user i am enjoying and learning about all the features Radarbox has to offer. Kept me quiet for days.
Is it possible to enter in text form any location desired by the user and have it placed on the map/s. I did find this feature usefull with the sbs-1. Maybe this feature is allready available with Radarbox,  but have not yet found it,  even looking through the help section.

Regards. Reg

Looks like i got off on the wrong foot with no reply to my question. I do apologise to Airnav and members for naming the opposition's unit. Perhaps it was the wrong thing to do, but as a new member i am not sure what the policy is. Obviously from lack of members comments it looks like the feature asked for is not popular I will slide quietly into the background.

Reg
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:17:21 PM by reg »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Feature request.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »
Hi Reg

Don't worry - mentioning the opposition isn't taboo here - it's just that we've got a better thing to talk about! (apparently - personally I've never used the SBS-1.)

The answer to your perfectly reasonable question is, I'm afraid, no - you can't. I assume you know that you can display airport codes and names through the Map...Aviation Signs menu.

The nearest you can get to adding your own text is to create it as an outline - I've done that to add specific locations to the map. If you want to do this, look at the FAQ's and the Outlines thread.

Hope that helps!

Rod
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 01:26:55 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
Hi Reg,

Sorry looks like your post got lost a maze of other new posts when you posted. It isn't a taboo subject, don't worry :)

Unfourtanetly as Rod says you can do it unless you use outlines. We are looking to make the default globe more flexible to change and add details in the future.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 02:19:31 AM »
This possible changes in maps is very good. In Brazil fix and airways isn´t actualized.

reg

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 09:59:06 PM »
 Rod, Airnav and RNAGG thank you for your replies. All understood from Airnav about missing my post. I am very impressed and  pleased that Airnav support have responded now. Rod i will try your suggestion and use the outlines feature.

Kind regards. Reg

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 10:18:37 PM »
Good luck outlining - Reg.

If you need more help, do ask - with any luck you'll get a faster response next time!

Rod
Rod

HMN851X

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 02:39:51 PM »
Hi only my second UTC is the same as GMT but in my Changed and Traked times box its showing UTC how do I change it to local?

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:14 PM »
Hi HMN851X, is that your car registration you're using as a handle - a Chrysler PT Cruiser perchance?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

HMN851X

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
yes why did you ask? do you live on the Isle of Man?

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 07:55:25 AM »
Playing Big Brother, No, sw Cornwall!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 02:27:22 PM »
Another feature request:

On the MyLog screen, below the photos is a big chunk of empty space. How about using that to display the route airports when you click a flight with a route - I personally don't carry in my head a decode for all the world's airports, and I doubt if I'm alone!

Rod
Rod