AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

Is this a usb power limits issue, or something else?

<< < (2/2)

abcd567:

--- Quote from: skptrsn on February 16, 2024, 06:56:37 PM ---[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.9 /usr/bin/mlat-client

[dump978]
dump978_enabled=true

--- End quote ---

The python version in Bookworm is 3.11
The ini file has python version 3.9 because it is for Bullseye.

There are two ways to fix this issue:

OPTION (1):  Put a # at start of "mlat_cmd=" line. This will make it ineffective. The rbfeeder will then automatically find the available version of python and use it. Please see attached screenshot.

NOTE: By default, the rbfeeder ini file has a # mark at start of line "mlat_cmd=". It seems you have removed it by mistake.

OPTION (2): In line starting with "mlat_cmd=", change 3.9 to correct version 3.11

Please REBOOT your Pi after making any one of the two changes noted above and saving the ini file.

skptrsn:
Thank you for that! I caught that I had accidentally removed the comment from that line, but whenever I would try to re-comment it, the station would go into "offline" status after rebooting - so I kept it out.
Updating the python version manually and rebooting the pi, it's back online. Promising. The MLAT isn't showing yet, but that might be me or time.. I will watch it for a day or two to see if I stumble into the fully functional station I thought I had. lol. I usually see more UAT aircraft during the daylight hours - about 10+ hours away.

abcd567:
@Runway 31
@skptrsn

For your quick reference, I am ataching below screenshots from my Station EXTRPI000008.

Runway 31:
Thanks abcd

Alan

skptrsn:
Yes, thank you to both of you - sorry for the delayed response - I was hoping to have better news to report, however -
Still getting my butt kicked here. Overnight my WiFi router must've done an update, as it reset itself to factory defaults - which were not in the Pi.. SO I unplugged the pi, took it to a monitor and keyboard, got it back online, took it to the antenna setup and plugged it back in... says it's back online again (but, of course, not reading any airplanes).
Attempting to self-help has led me to more frustration than success.
I will share what I've found is true about my system in hopes that my mistake is evident. In the .ini (/etc/rbfeeder.ini) file, if I comment out the lines below MLAT and UAT, as in many working systems, the system remains offline. If I stop rbfeeder and run rtl_test -t, both dongles are still found, still serialized as before - looks like nothing has changed there. If I remove the comment hashtag from the lines I referred to, the system appears to start, but is unable to read the attached dongles. I have network mode set to "false" to indicate it should read the dongles it finds onboard, not a remote feed - I believe that's how the instructions read?
I do see that there is no MLAT client installed - as shown by the test above with my results here:
pi@raspi1:~ $ apt-cache policy mlat-client
mlat-client:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1:0.2.13+deb11
  Version table:
     1:0.2.13+deb11 500
        500 https://apt.rb24.com bullseye/main arm64 Packages

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version