AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight Number Alerts  (Read 2717 times)

dumpty

Flight Number Alerts
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:35:12 AM »
Having had no flight number alerts for the past month (its a feature I really miss) I was wondering if anyone knows of any Sbs-1 add on programmes that can temporarily fill this void for me until airnav cure the problem?

Thanks In Advance

Simon

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Flight Number Alerts
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:15:18 AM »
Having had no flight number alerts for the past month (its a feature I really miss) I was wondering if anyone knows of any Sbs-1 add on programmes that can temporarily fill this void for me until airnav cure the problem?

Thanks In Advance

Simon

What version of RadarBox are you using? I'm using Beta V3.01 and although I tend to use Mode S and Registration to generate my alerts, I know for sure that last time I used flight number alerts they worked fine.

Can you give us some examples of the flight numbers that you are not getting alerted on - I'm sure that somebody had trouble with wildcards but I haven't used these for flight ID's.

I often have to put in more than one line to get the flight ID I want as the aircrew are nor consistent in their entries.  For instance, today I will be tracking BA93, but to make sure that I get alerted to this, I will be entering:

BA93
BA093
BAW93
BAW093

And even then, if the crew don't enter a Flight ID, I still won't get an alert!

dumpty

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:07:30 AM »
Hi Allocator

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

Ever since I changed to vers 3.01 I have no flight number alerts,it worked perfectly before.

I am getting flight in range,sqwuawk,aircraft type and registration alerts beut no flight number alerts.

I have about 40 different flight numbers in alerts (ANZ1,RYR13A etc) but they don't trigger the alerts as before since I changed to 3.01.

All the best

Simon

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
OK Simon,

It would be interesting for you to note when you see any of your Flight ID's on the screen and write down which ones are not causing an alarm.  This would discount any incorrect crew entry and might help to identify the problem.  I find that if the aircraft is already on the screen, then I don't get an alert, but I do when the aircraft appears next time.  I can simulate this by deselecting Process Hardware Flights or Get Flights from Network (depending on if you have Alerts activated for Network flights) and then the Alerts do pop up as the aircraft are 're-detected'.  I'm sure that this is how it's supposed to work to prevent multiple alarms.

However, having just tried this with RYR5706, I didn't get an alert, so maybe it is a Beta 3.01 problem with Flight ID's - I'll have a play.

You could always go back to the release V2 of the software.  If you didn't uninstall it when you installed the Beta software then this should just be a case of running V2.