anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle  (Read 5207 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
« on: December 27, 2015, 06:47:16 PM »
So, I'm beta testing ANRB v6, which can accept input from an RTL-SDR dongle.  Is there some way that anyone can suggest that would let me feed from the RTL-SDR dongle to both ANRBv6 and Planeplotter at the same time?

The problem I have is, I only have one 1090 antenna, and that is now feeding into my RTL-SDR dongle.  I like to feed Planeplotter, as that gives me multilateration results, but that requires a feed from the DUMP1090 program.  That then prevents me using ANRBv6 to read data from the RTL-SDR dongle.

Any ideas.  I'd like to feed both Radarbox and Planeplotter, but can't think of a way of doing it.  At the moment it's stopping me feeding data to the Airnav Network.

Runway 31

Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
You can use PlanePlotter to feed data to the Airnav network as you indicated yesterday.  You can also use RB to feed PP??  I don't however know the ins and outs of RTL Dongles??

Alan
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:58:57 PM by Runway 31 »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
Thanks Alan.  I don't want to use RB to feed PP, as that stops PP from doing multilateration.  And if I use PP to feed data to the Airnav network, then I lose all my non-ADS/B aircraft, especially the Eurofighters!

I guess I'm looking for a way to share the RTL-SDR USB dongle between the two programs, ANRB and DUMP1090.  Any ideas?

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »
No idea on that one Chris but I am sure there will be a way. I just pay the Master User fee and get the MLATS

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
Someone somewhere look to be running Planeplotter with their location wrongly set.  It is important that you have your location set in Planeplotter as it will show the aircraft in the wrong location in Planeplotter and in Radarbox.

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 02:29:33 PM »
Someone somewhere look to be running Planeplotter with their location wrongly set.  It is important that you have your location set in Planeplotter as it will show the aircraft in the wrong location in Planeplotter and in Radarbox.

Airnav should be able to tell who it is from the share code in the upload messages to the Airnav server, in the FORM FIELD "Sharecode".

I guess they could be Beamfider fixes, as I've been setting up my radar.txt file up in PP this morning.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:33:20 PM by tarbat »

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
I sent them a screen shot earlier.  Thanks

Alan

flygfantast

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »
You might wanna check out ModeSMixer, http://xdeco.org/?page_id=48.

"Modesmixer2 can combine the feed from multiple network data sources as instances of dump1090, rtl1090, modesdeco2, ADSB# or any other Mode-S decoding application or hardware receivers with serial output via USB interface (and even combinations of them) and then rebroadcast the combined feed to multiple TCP or UDP ports in multiple formats. Additionally, it allows multiple connections to a single TCP port."

Don't know if that helps your problem.

Niklas
Antenna: External WiMo GP-1090 (~10m over the ground)
Pre-amplifier: AS-1090 with AS-1090BT
Cable: Ecoflex-10 (10m+1m)
Nearest airports: 50km from ESSL & ESCF (military)
My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/flygfantast/