AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: can i use it in china  (Read 7452 times)

qxl2203

can i use it in china
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:05:11 AM »
i am a chinese .i don't known if i can use it in china.
i want to konwn if the airnav have chinese airmodel,and map?
plese help me.thank !
my blog  http://qxl2203.blog.163.com/
my email  [email protected]

Jordan

Re: can i use it in china
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:20:07 AM »
it has a map of the entire world.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:48:56 PM »
We already have a regular user in Hong Kong, and we regularly see users in Beijing, Shanghai, and, occasionally from Chongqing.

There's plenty to see in China!

Rod
Rod

jannuh

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
We already have a regular user in Hong Kong, and we regularly see users in Beijing, Shanghai, and, occasionally from Chongqing.

Rod
Would not advise to buy a RB on this seen users, you don't know if they legal or not.

Is scanner listening( airband listening, VHF-UHF) allowed in China???

radarspotter10

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »

Rod
Would not advise to buy a RB on this seen users, you don't know if they legal or not.

Is scanner listening( airband listening, VHF-UHF) allowed in China???

Its against the law in the uk to listen to a radio scanner without the owners permission.
"if your enjoying it, it must be illegal".

from pat
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:48:37 PM by radarspotter10 »

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 04:12:53 PM »
Quote from: radarspotter10 link=topic=4500.msg45253#msg45253
Its against the law in the uk to listen to a radio scanner without the owners permission.
"if your enjoying it, it must be illegal".

from pat

So, if I'm at an airfield with my scanner I can have anyone listening to it without my permission arrested. Thanks for pointing that out. It might come in handy some time.

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

jannuh

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:48:54 AM »
I hereby declare that everyone may listen to my scanner  ;-)
It's online at www.air.middenlimburg.net

Covering air comms
Civ.  Maastricht-Aachen Airport
Mil.   NATO base Geilenkirchen, Awacs comms NL-Germ.
 "      Belg.AirForce, base Kleine Brogel + Belga Radar

qxl2203

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »
thank's  a lot.i will get it in April.there is very few people  injoy it in china. i am injoy  discuss  it in hear. is's a very useful web.

my blog http://qxl2203.blog.163.com

radarspotter10

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 01:34:40 PM »
thank's  a lot.i will get it in April.there is very few people  injoy it in china. i am injoy  discuss  it in hear. is's a very useful web.

my blog http://qxl2203.blog.163.com

hi qxl2203
Will look forward to you switching on your AIRNAV system, have a niece day.
from pat

http://qxl2203.blog.163.com/

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:39:20 PM by radarspotter10 »

Protzenalp

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 11:16:08 PM »

Rod

I always take my RB with me to China. I was in Shanghai and Chongqing last week, I tend not to leave it around and running when the maid is expected to come and clean the room. Otherwise, I don't have a problem.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 01:09:45 AM »
Ah - so it's you, Protzenalp! It's great to see your returns from China - Shanghai was really busy when I caught your returns from there. Chongqing looked a lot quieter, but I believe the new terminal there is very impressive.

Many thanks for your input!

Rod
Rod

Protzenalp

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 07:02:22 AM »
Rod

Reception very often it depends on the hotel windows and the floor I am on. In Chongqing I generally have a room on the 33-35th floor. But the whole area is fairly quiet and the windows filter a lot of the signals off. Just to what an extent this is true was demonstrated to me clearly in Dubai last weekend. I had a 10th floor room overlooking the coast. I had a constant 5-6 flights on "My Flights". I then discovered I could open a window and perched my antenna on a railing outside, my reception immediately increased to about 30 flights and some as far away as Doha (250 miles). And I was picking up traffic landing at Kish Island down to about 1000 ft (about 125 miles). It was a real eye-opener.

Fenris

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »
Most windows that use heat reflecting coatings (hotels like them for air conditioning reasons, houses for reduction in heating costs too) will have a significant reduction of 10dB or more in signal levels when inside.

Well worth knowing about.

Protzenalp

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 11:01:04 AM »
Chongqing looked a lot quieter, but I believe the new terminal there is very impressive.

The terminal there is indeed impressive and they are already building the next one. When I first went there in the mid 90's it reminded me a little of Leeds & Bradford in the 1960's. Pretty much checking in in a hangar... That changed once Chongqing City was taken away (administratively speaking) from the Sichuan provincial government and became one of 4 cities reporting directly to Beijing. The pace of new investments was absolutely staggering and the city (just like the airport) bears no comparison to what the place looked like 15 years ago. My company has just built a new factory about 1 hour away from Chongqing. It used to take over 3 hours to get to that location, it now takes one. With a new tunnel and highway being built, it will soon only take 40 minutes.

eggplant

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »
It was certainly an interseting place when I spent about 6 months in and around Chongqing in 1992. Hope its better now !
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.