anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photo unavailable  (Read 7516 times)

dotspotter2003

Photo unavailable
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:55:07 PM »
Hi
  Just noticed on the above header,this now being populated with G-CDIG EV-97.This in all where there is no photo available.On G-DCOI which is an AW139 there is a picture of an Air Cinha Airbus A321,what the hell is going on AirNav.Total melt down which looks like no-one seems to care any more.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Photo unavailable
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
Steady on, dotspotter - it's nobody's fault that Airliners.net doesn't have photos of either of those planes.

I don't know where you got the A321 photo from, though.

Rod
Rod

dotspotter2003

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »
Rod
     I understand what you are saying.What I am trying to say is,EI-EPU, G-EZWL ,G-EZWI I know have no pictures on airliners.net.Up until yesterday it was showing picture unavailable,and now it is showing G-CDIG EV-97 in all of those aircraft above I have mentioned.

Steve

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:32:11 PM »
Hmm... I've just had a similar experience, actually.

There's a wrong photo link in the database for G-TDSA - an F406 showing an Airbus photo!

That's down to the database update team, but they might say there is a bug in the software. Alan may well pick up this problem.

Rod
Rod

dotspotter2003

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:35:15 PM »
At the moment N520FX BD100 is showing an Air China A321 in place of photo unavailable.So is there a fault smewhere that is putting these pictures in instead of no picture.

Steve

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 05:35:31 PM »
dotspotter,

Your tone is terrible and I was not going to answer initially and I found it hard to understand your message.

Until someone take a photo and puts it up on Airliners we dont have a photo to show and the same for G-DCIO.  For some reason the the Air China was in as a photo for G-DCIO.  When I tried looking for G-DCIO on Airliners the first occasion I got a photo of a Ural A320 among others so I dont know where the problem lay.  I will bring it to the attention of Airnav to see if the problem is with them ot Airliners,

I have deleted the reference to the photo from the database and would sugest that you bring the frame up on your d/b explorer and delete it from there as well.  The next time you see it you should get the Photo not available tag.

I hope this is OK and you are a bit more civil in your tone the next time you come on.  I note your next response is a bit more civil and the way it should have been the first time.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:37:55 PM by Runway 31 »

RodBearden

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
Alan - I've just found a similar problem with PA24 N250CC - the second photo is an Airbus.

EDIT - I notice that in the latest download of Navdata, the second photo entry for this plane is blank - possibly something has gone wrong with the AirNav's photo retreival routine.

Rod
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:00:42 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 05:43:12 PM »
The ones mentioned all seem to have an Air China and an easyjet against them for some reason apart from EI-EPU which is now showing  G-CDIG which didnt come up when I asked Airliners for it initially.

I have deleted all references to the photo links from the database and please note their inclusion was nothing to do with the updaters.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:48:03 PM by Runway 31 »

dotspotter2003

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »
Alan sorry for the bad tone,I have got photos waiting to go to airliners.net.Iam waiting for a batch of ten to clear then I can try and get more up and to populate the blanks on AirNav

Steve

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »
I have had a look in the d/b and there would appear to be many more than the ones mentioned affected.  Airnav have been advised by email and I wil ladvise when the problem is corrected and the bad links removed from the databse.

Thanks Steve for bring it to our attention.  Problems arise on occasions its nothing at all to do with people not caring

Alan

tommyg

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »
Guys.

Had a similar problem with Easyjet A320 G-EZWI it shows a picture of a light aircraft bearing no relation to registration or type.

tommyg
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 06:34:54 PM »
Thanks Tommy, that one was mentioned above.

Alan

dotspotter2003

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »
Alan
      About half an hour ago,G-DZZY CH8B showed as "photo not available".Is this happening to recent aircraft or,across the whole board with aircraft with no picture.?Still getting the odd one with the Air China A321.Just as an aside G-DZZY was not a new entry,or does this make no difference at all.

Steve

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 07:27:02 PM »
There are lots with these photos against them.  I checked and there are plenty marked photo not available.  I dont know the reason behind the photos being added to some and they are not al lrecent additions to the d/b with some having no change since 2011.

G-DZZY now showing with the Air China photo.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:45:36 PM by Runway 31 »

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 09:01:29 PM »
Hello

We have just had a Emirates A380 A6-EEG appear with photos of the Air China and EV97 G-CDIG as well.

Andrew