anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with my signal.  (Read 1835 times)

Rodolfo

Problem with my signal.
« on: April 22, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »
Hello Friends

For several months I have had a poor reception in Messages on my radar box located in Merida, Mexico. This problem was presented 5 months ago. Usually with my external antenna had a range of 180 miles.

The antenna has a height of about 9 meters and had excellent coverage. Now if the antenna is fully up my radar does not capture anything. For a poor reception of the antenna about 60 miles the antenna should be level with the roof of my house.

The connections are great even today I get an amplifier and the signal did not improve.

Anyone have idea that may be happening?

Regards.

bratters

Re: Problem with my signal.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
Hi Rodolfo - it could be a filter problem in the box. This is a known problem that has happened to some of us.

Test the box with a different aerial. Try the orginal aerial and see if anything changes.

If the problem is not with the aerial and all your connections are OK, then it is probably the box.

Contact Airnav Support for instructions on getting it repaired

Rodolfo

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:56:59 PM »
Thank you for your quick help.

Note that the antenna location change, now we did in my office with heights similar to my home.
In this case the test was negative only use the antenna with the cable RG58. The result was zero Messages.
Now when using the amplifier we have excellent coverage of 220 miles around.

Any idea why this situation occurs?

Saludos desde México.

bratters

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 06:36:34 AM »
No se amigo. I have no experience using amplifier.

I know that a small change to the position of the antenna can make a big difference to the signal. If you find a position where things work well, my advice is to leave things alone!!!

Saludos.

Kenny

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 03:21:12 AM »
Hi

Also check the connector to the RB.  I found that the SMA connector from supplied antenna to the RB can be loose.  Mine SMA male center pin was loose from plugging in and out several time.

regards,
ANRB 3km north of VTBD