anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems running on Mac  (Read 2056 times)

Col

Problems running on Mac
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:06 PM »
Hi

I have recently tried loading AirNav onto my Mac. I run Windows using VMWare and I have installed the latest version 5.00.65. I have installed the 64 bit drivers as well.

When I went into the software it immediately started picking up aircraft. Soon after I had finished putting in the home data information all the aircraft were showing as timed out and then they disappeared. All the time the connected indicator was in the green so it was still connected. I tried restarting the software to no effect - it did not pick up anything at all.

I gave up on this last night and tried again tonight. When I connected the box to the Mac I immediately started getting hits off about 90 aircraft so I assumed everything was ok. Unfortunately not as within 2-3 minutes all had disappeared from the screen even though it was showing as connected still.

I have checked the filters to make sure that I had none set. I am not sure where to go next. I know that AirNav is not set up to run on a Mac but I also know from reading through other posts on here that people have been running on Mac's using VM software without issue.

Has anyone got any ideas what else I need to check?

Thanks

Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Problems running on Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 11:02:21 PM »
What sort of resources have you given the to VM running RadarBox, this is usually a sign of not enough resources.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Col

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:24:04 PM »
I had 2Gb of memory and one processor core assigned. I have changed that to 4Gb of memory and 2 processor cores but I am still having the same issue.

Are there any other resources that I need to check (I'm afraid I don't know much about VM's and how to set them up)

Thanks

Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire

Col

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:57:21 PM »
I have also increased the HD space from 60Gb to 80Gb and it worked.....for about 5 minutes!! Then all aircraft on the screen timed out at the same time.

Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire