anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 3757 times)

Royann

Advice Please
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:50:59 AM »
Hello

I'm just about to buy Airnav Radar Box I have several VHF Airband receivers & HF Receiver can you tell me if it is possible to link them to Airnav Radar Box by buying some extra module or software

Regards Royann EGMC

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:05:16 AM »
No.  Out of interest, why do you want to link them to the Radarbox?

You could use the ACARS addon
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:09:42 AM by tarbat »

Royann

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »
Perhaps I should have said I would like to listen to ATC at the same time as watching things happen, but I do know there is a delay.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 09:13:01 AM »
Perhaps I should have said I would like to listen to ATC at the same time as watching things happen, but I do know there is a delay.

Okay, understood.  You can still listen to ATC alongside using the Radarbox.  In fact, that's what I do all the time.  There's no delay.  But there's no addon available to automate the selection of ATC frequencies, for example.

Depending on what airband receiver you're using, you can use PC control.  I use bctools for example.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:21:47 AM by tarbat »

Royann

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »
Thank you that,s what I wanted to know.

The Airband receivers I use are Yupiteru MVT-7100 & a base unit MVT-8000 both connected to an outside Skanking Discone.
Can you give me some more information about PC control & bctools,and thank you again for your time in answering my question before I place my order

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 09:31:58 AM »
bctools only works with Uniden Bearcat receivers.  I'm not sure if Yupiteru receivers can be controlled from a PC.

You will not want to use your Discone as the antenna for the Radarbox, you need to use the antenna that comes with it, or another designed specifically for 1090mhz reception.

Any other questions, just ask.  I'm sitting here waiting to see my son's aircraft takeoff from Heathrow on his way to Newark.

Royann

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
I have been to my local radio shop Waters & Stanton and there advice was to use the antenna supplied to see what reception I get before buying another one. I do live on top of a hill in the highest part of Essex  2 miles from EGMC & 35 miles from EGSS as the crow flies.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »
Good advice from W&S about the antenna.  From your location, should look something like this:

Royann

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »
Thank You I'm going to place my order now!

Regards Roy EGMC

DeeJay

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »
I rarely use my ANRB without the airband going at the same time, but it does cause some interference, due to the fact I don't have an outside antenna for either.