anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JFK  (Read 6045 times)

dca

JFK
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »
Just a note to let all know I am working at JFK from tomorrow (Sunday 5th) until Friday. All being well you should be able to view my delayed data Sun-Thu evenings from around 1800 local, 2300z until around 2300l/0400z. I'm staying at one of the airport hotels so hoping for good reception!
9 nm south of LGW

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: JFK
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
Brilliant, Look forward to seeing your flights on the network.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

QF1

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:06:53 AM »
I also should be sharing from JFK at the end of this week.  I am still not sure if my new "box" is a little deaf, but I am still doing some testing and hope to be able to share from JFK, SFO, SAN and LAX over the next couple of weeks.  I will only be able to take the supplied aerial so not sure of the range, but anything is better than nothing :-)

Cheers
Mark

dca

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »
I'm in NY now close to JFK & showing currently 67 flights in 'my flights' but only around 6 are being tracked on my screen. Mode S is showing for them all.
Can anyone suggest why they are not showing on the screen?
9 nm south of LGW

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »
Hi DCA

If there isn't a blue globe to the left of the Status column in the grid, then the aircraft isn't broadcasting its position, so it won't appear on the map.

Unfortunately, the US is behind Europe when it comes to broadcasting position (via ADS-B) so only a selection of airlines/aircraft types will show on the map.

Rod
Rod

dca

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 01:33:13 AM »
That certainly seems to be the case- disappointingly! Thanks Rod.

Dave
9 nm south of LGW

QF1

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 02:02:00 AM »

I had that problem when I was there in August last year, Dave.  I was staying downtown but had a great view and could see La Guardia and approaches to JFK.  The only way to really identify aircraft using Mode S was if they had altitude showing and even that is a little "hit and miss".  I will be arr JFK on Asiana on Thu night.

Cheers
Mark

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
Same issue I have in Toronto, only the aircraft that are typically heading to and from Europe show up. Newer aircraft are showing up as they are delivered (ie: COA, Westjet has 1).

I added a screenshot from last Sunday.  So we do get some aircraft, far cry from my visits to Europe.

Steve
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

dca

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 03:44:02 AM »
Thanks for all your comments! It has been interesting watching the traffic here live but only ever around 10% has broadcast position & yes most of those have been UK, European & Asian carriers. Lets hope the US catch up soon, they're missing out here! Enjoy your visit Mark.
Brgds,
Dave
9 nm south of LGW

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:47:51 AM »
Don't know if it's from QF1 or DCA, but returns are coming in nicely on the network from JFK at the moment.

Thanks!

Rod
Rod

dca

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 04:17:33 AM »
You may have a combination of the 2 but its been better this evening, I've been on since around 1730L, 2230z.
Thanks for the feedback Rod. It will be on again from the same time tomorrow, then I'm back here again the week after next.
Brgds,
Dave
9 nm south of LGW