anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Driving me bonkers.  (Read 2595 times)

eggplant

Driving me bonkers.
« on: September 21, 2009, 07:29:42 PM »
Hi,

I am using Vista with version 3.01. All was going swimmingly well until last Tuesday. Last Tuesday evening I used the ANRB. Next time I used it, it still works fine - but refuses to save the receieved fights into the MyLog file. The total number of flights does indeed count up (on screen) when using the ANRB, but when closing the s/w and restarting, the newly recorded flights have vanished. After copying the Mylog and navdata files I uninstalled the s/w and re-installed it - no change though. I have wondered if this could be a Windows problem. I do have a 5 year old son whom often tinkers with the PC. Maybe he has fiddled with something. In order to prove that Windows can modify files in the Data folder, I have placed a word document in there, and tried to modify it. That works okay.

Utterly baffled now..... Anyone else out there had a similar experience and/or can offer me advice, as it is driving me bonkers.

Thanks in advance,

John
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Driving me bonkers.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »
We have never heard of this happening. Check the MyLog.db3 file is not set to read only.

Also as your using Vista, did you install outside your program files?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bearcat

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:33:58 AM »
Hi

I would try un-install ANRB, reboot your PC and re-install then run ANRB in its original set up without copying in your old Mylog and Navdata files. If all runs ok then introduce your old files one at a time to see it it is one of your files causing the problem.

Hope you sort it

Stewart

eggplant

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:53:21 AM »
Hi thanks for your replies. The Mylog.db3 is not set as read only, and the ANRB s/w is installed in a folder in the root directory. The PC is a quad core running vista Home premium 32-bit.   I should have mentioned that I have a laptop, duo-core running Vista Home premium 64-bit - and after disabling the driver enforcement feature, it works fine on that PC.

I did try to uninstall and re-install the S/w onto the problem PC. I started off using the newly installed Mylog files, and it still wouldn't save the recorded flights - although I didn't re-boot between uninstall & re-install. I'll try that tonight !

I tend to think this probelm is a Windows issue/setting, as the ANRB s/w did work on the Quad core for several months before.

Thanks for your advices - I'll keep you posted !

John
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

eggplant

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
Stewart,

I just tried re-installing as per your advice. The s/w worked just fine as a new install. However when introducing my old Mylog.db3 file, I now get a message on start up telling me the Mylog file is corrupt. I can "ok" it.  However, flights recorded are now retained after restarting the software. Wehey !!! I note that there is no creation of a .bak mirror file though.  Looks like my Mylog file is dodgy. I guess I have the choice of leaving it as is, and manually backing it up - or starting afresh. God knows how it got corrupted - I doubt even my mischievous 5 year old would know how to corrupt it....but then again !

Air Nav - just like to say thanks for your prompt response (within 20 minutes of my initial evening post) about the problem. Clearly it wasn't related to any problems from your side, but it reassures me to know that you were interested and offered advice to try and help. Thanks.

I wonder if there is any way to debug a corrupt db3 file ?? I think it is a SQL file ?? Something I have no knowledge of whatsoever.

Thanks ,

John

bearcat

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
Hi Eggplant

Glad to hear you have found your problem. Sorry I don't know of an easy way to sort your corrupt Mylog database though

Regards

Stewart