AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Screen colours  (Read 7161 times)

Bounty

• Jerry's Radio & Weather pages
Screen colours
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »
Hi all
As a new boy can anybody explain if there is any significance to the RED/GREEN/BLUE colours of the aircraft on the screen, I realise that white is the plane you are looking at.
Regards
Bounty

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Screen colours
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »
Blue=level/cruising
Red=takeoff/climbing
Green=descend/landing
Grey-ground

Rod
Rod

Bounty

• Jerry's Radio & Weather pages
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »
Hi Rod
Thanks very much, now it will make much more sense.

Regards
Bounty

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:49:57 PM »
Hi all (Rod, Chris and Gary),

An absolute basic, how can you alter these colours?   I've found how to alter map colours, but haven't found how to alter the flights' colours.

Also, when on Network, the listings for a/c (at least on my machine) on network number some 300 - 1200 depending on day and time, but if I grab and move the R/H column slider and move it up or down to look through the list, it immediately returns to the central position, so I can't scroll through the list - does anyone else experience this or have the solution?   I'm running 3.13 on Win 7 64-bit.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:05:18 PM »
Hi CGJ

Go to File...Preferences...Map Colours tab - the Flights column is the one you want.

To whizz up and down the list, click above or below the scroll box, or use the PageUp and PageDown keys on the keyboard (Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End whizz you to the top or bottom of the list).

HTH

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:13:48 PM »
Hi Rod,

Many thanks for the map/Flights colours - how did I ever miss that, as I've and played around with the map colours!

The CTRL+Home/CTRL+End does the same as dragging the slider, goes to the top or bottom, then within a few tenths of a second returns to the central position.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »
I guess you have a different sort order than me, which might cause that to happen - I'm almost always sorting by Flight ID, and don't get that effect very frequently.

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »
Hi Rod, I haven't changed any settings at all, absolutely bog standard, other than changing map colours to show up more clearly for screen shots.

Just tried it again, exactly the same results.

When I grab the slider (left click)  and pull it up or down, it remains until I release the button then returns to the central position, but doesn't even scroll the a/c list.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:45:29 PM by CoastGuardJon »

RodBearden

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 08:52:50 PM »
Yes - I find that dragging the scroll box doesn't do anything useful or predictable.

If you don't choose a sort order (by clicking a column heading) I think the order of the displayed flights is the order that the signals are received by the box, so effectively random, which would explain your selection of the top or bottom aircraft changing so quickly - see what happens when you choose different sort orders.

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »
Ah, now that makes some sense.   Sorry, for this one, how do I set the sort order?   Ihad tried using the Filter to pick up a particular airline, but so far without success.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:09:47 PM by CoastGuardJon »

RodBearden

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 09:09:19 PM »
Just click a column heading in the grid - for example, to sort by Registration, just click the word "Registration" at the top of the grid. To reverse the sort order, click the heading again.

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »
Hi Rod,
You must be telepathic, guessing my next question (posted as an edit)!
Just tried that, the order certainly changed and the global map jumped all over the place,  one second on my home location, then jumped to the Med., where I would think the selected a/c was, but scroll up and down, exactly the same, momentarily altering the order than back to the central position and original order.   Double clicking on an a/c in the list does at least take me to that particular a/c on the map in white, so that's progress enough for me tonight, will have a play tomorrow night and the weekend.   Many thanks for your help getting me this far - there's still a long road ahead of me!
I printed off the manual when I first got the RB back in Oct./Nov. '08, must have a read...............   With such a good Forum, I get too lazy to dig around, when there's usually a very quick fix in here.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:22:04 PM by CoastGuardJon »

RodBearden

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 09:25:13 PM »
Experimentation is a great teacher - as long as you remember what you do!

Let us know how you get on!

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »
Hi Rod, meant to go to bed, as I've got (as usual) an early start in the morning, but I've made some progress.    Will come back tomorrow!   Many thanks.
CGJ

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 09:45:38 PM »
Hi Rod,
Many thanks for the tips, I've now got things working a lot better, and even the rhs vertical scroll bar has some useful functions - the button still keeps returning to the central position, but does let me scroll proportionally up and down through the list (once Flight ID selected) which starts with blanks, goes through numbers, then alpha-numerical, so I can locate particular flight numbers much more easily.   Will carry on playing, but I've made huge progress in using the list, thanks to you.   I'm not saving any changes, so start from the basic set-up each time.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:47:52 PM by CoastGuardJon »