AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple false alerts  (Read 2603 times)

GrizzFlyer

Multiple false alerts
« on: May 07, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »
Today I started up the RadarBox program, and almost immediately started getting numerous false registration alerts.  The first time I received about 20 alerts for various aircraft that are not in my alert list, all in about 2 minutes.  Of course, my virus protection program started going nuts because I received the same message numerous times.  Could not end the program normally, had to use the Task Manager.  I did a thorough file scan with my virus program, and that was OK.  Started up RadarBox again, same thing.  38 alerts in about 2 minutes.  Had to use the Task Manager to end the program.

I added one new registration number for a alert just before the problem began the first time, N3193G.   Changed nothing else.  Program had been running perfectly up until then.

Anybody know what is going on, and a fix for it?

Thanks!!

GrizzFlyer

Re: Multiple false alerts
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
UPDATE:  Did some exploring, and determined that the false alerts stopped when I unselected "registrations" in the Alerts section.  It had to be something in my small list of registration alerts, to which I had added N3193G just before the problem began.  I deleted all the registrations I had in the list, and re-entered them.  Problem solved.

I'm guessing that I hit the Enter button after entering the last new registration and left that line blank, and this may have caused a "wild card" for a registration alert, and I began getting alerts for anything that was on the network and had a null registration entry.  Moral of story: don't hit the "Enter" button to bring the cursor to a new empty line when entering alert registrations and then leave that line blank.  That's just my guess as to what caused the problem, in case anyone else experiences a similar problem.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 08:54:26 PM »
Hi GrizzFlyer,

You are right, that would have caused a wildcard issue and alerted you on everything. Glad its sorted.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:13:42 PM »
Support - this sounds like a very easy "mistake" for a user to make - any chance of getting it to Development for a fix in version 2.1?

Rod
Rod