anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Antenna Advice  (Read 3947 times)

solarman

New Antenna Advice
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »
Hi all,

Another newbie as from Yesterday and i'm very impressed !!!!

The one problem i have is the antenna i really need to get one outside on the roof,fortunately i live on the top of a hill so a decent antenna on my roof should compliment my box nicely.

So could someone advise me as to which antenna would be the best one to use ????
and perhaps where to get it from ???

any help would be appreciated.........cheers !!!

Cumulus

Re: New Antenna Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »
Hi all,

Another newbie as from Yesterday and i'm very impressed !!!!

The one problem i have is the antenna i really need to get one outside on the roof,fortunately i live on the top of a hill so a decent antenna on my roof should compliment my box nicely.

So could someone advise me as to which antenna would be the best one to use ????
and perhaps where to get it from ???

any help would be appreciated.........cheers !!!

Hi,

I can recommend the SSE 1090SJ Mk2 from Solid State Electronics in Southampton. Jim Finch is very helpfull and will advise on suitable coax and connectors. At £50 + p&p it is competitively priced and performs as well if not better than other antennas available.

http://www.ssejim.co.uk/sseads1090sj.htm

Screenshot from 10:00UTC today. Radarbox is connected vis a Suhner Power Divider which feeds the RB and SBS-1 via 10m Ecoflex 15 and a Kuhne KU LNA 1090 A TM preamp.

Regards,

Peter

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 03:51:08 PM by Cumulus »

EINN-07

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »
Can echo Cumulus' comments. I have one of Jim Finch's antenna on the apex of the roof. I opted for 12m of Westflex 102 without any amp and it gives a range of between 130nm and 160 nm depending on direction.

Regards
Gerry

solarman

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:52:52 AM »
Cheers guys,

If no one else has any recommendations i think this will be the one i'll go for.

Thanks again !!!!

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »
I council this solution ... The aereal gain 5db ...I have 15 mt ECOFLEX-10 .No pre ampli....no lost signal..With the field open...210 nm...Total  Euro 163.00
Including 2 N Connector
http://www.wimo.de/framesetp_e.html

Gianni