AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aircraft type ...  (Read 2367 times)

Canonjohns40D

Aircraft type ...
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »
Hi I had to install v4.03. Today I had some Hawk s and a Typhoon nearby which appeared on the system obviously without tracks. What I noted was some populated a photograph but the aircraft type was ... ?

If there is enough info to find the picture should the type field not be completed please?

John

Just noted a local AAC Gazelle is the same and a BA Cityflyer!! Photograph, mode s, flight ID etc but no type.
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Runway 31

Re: Aircraft type ...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:31:46 PM »
Install the latest Navdata.  The Navdata which comes with the disc is old and doesnt have lots of info which is on the Navdata

Alan

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »
Hi Alan I thought I had I'll check again. Thanks

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Thanks Alan problem solved. I have not had the box off it runs 24/7 so I can't quite understand why I have had to reload everything including v4.03. However with thanks to those on here I'm back up and running.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »
Just now I have four hawk aircraft on the box. one 43C45C has a Silhouette whilst the other three don't. Is this usual please? All four have the status, mode S, Flight ID, registration fields with data in them.  One of the others is 43C45F. Just noted that in one of the aircraft type fields it is null.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:22:46 PM by Canonjohns40D »

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »
Unless there is HAWK in the AI field you wont get a silhouette.  Add it in d/b explorer.  One of the bugs

Alan

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
Thanks Alan.