AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Driver for Vista?  (Read 9010 times)

ChainHome

Driver for Vista?
« on: June 09, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
I have just received my RadarBox 2009 and am having difficulty connecting to my Windows Vista Home Premium machine. The hardware light shows yellow and states: "Hardware: Checking". I have removed the driver and re-installed (Version 2.2.4.0 dated 27/06/2007) with no better result. The system installs perfectly on a laptop running Windows XP.

Anyone got any (helpful) suggestions?

Geoff

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: Driver for Vista?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:17:19 PM »
Have you checked in the FAQ's the post reference install in vista?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

ChainHome

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
Yes. That just seems to clear up the compatibility files problem (i.e. finding the files that used to be filed along with the Program Files under XP).

This seems to be a driver problem since the program will not recognise the hardware while the Control Panel/System says that everything is fine!

At least I can watch live traffic via the laptop (but that isn't connected to the internet).

Geoff

colinhall

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »
I have got Vista on my laptop and I had no problem putting it all on there providing you switch the "user accounts" to off then it might allow the hardware to be down loaded, hope it works for you. Colin.ps dont forget to turn the user accounts back on afterwards.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
If it helps, the driver in Vista should look like this

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »
Tarbat what wuld we do without you!
15 Miles East of EGNJ

ChainHome

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »
Yes that's the way it looked but it was Colin that hit the nail on the head! Sometimes Vista can be a real pain!

Apparently, if you install the driver with the User Accounts feature turned on, the driver is loaded where Vista can recognise it (but perhaps the program can't access it). I suppose that the way to get around all this is to install somewhere other than in Program Files (which is what the FAQ really suggested).

Anyway, thanks to some splendid help, I am now able to connect on both machines. Thanks again, fellows.

Geoff

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »
Geoff

Yeah, found that myself with Vista, good old Microsoft trying to run our lives again! or should that be ruin?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:13:08 PM by malc41 »
15 Miles East of EGNJ

freqhopping

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 12:15:07 AM »
I just got a new laptop and of course it has Vista, no luck getting XP to install on it either.

My RB won't work.  I don't even get network traffic and it says it's connected.  UAC is turned off. This is what I see for the driver.  What folder does the driver need to be saved in anyways?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:30:15 AM by freqhopping »

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 02:45:36 AM »
I am a new user and using vista ultimate edition using uac switched on and have had no problems!

could your anti-virus program be blocking airnav dont forget Vista anti-virus and windows firewall?
Try below to install airnav drivers in vista

Please note all this will be done within device manager!!!

for RB driver go my computer> system Properties>device manager>delete airnav driver if loaded found in USB right mouse click and choose uninstall driver place a tick in delete driver software for this device>ok

unplug the radar box and plug back in a box will pop up found new hardware click canel button.

You will now find AirNav RadarBox will be listed in other devices>right mouse click once on the  airnavRadarbox>click update driver software>click browse my computer for driver software> (Tick Include subfolders) then click the browse .

You will find the airnav folder in program files >airnav RadarBox 2009 > drivers> click driver folder once> click OK>click next

2 popup boxs come up the one we need will come up " windows cant verify the publisher of the driver software" click install this driver software anyway.

A box will come up windows has successfully updated your driver software click close 

Puddy
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:30:35 AM by puddy »
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

EK01

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
Thanks Puddy.

Cheers,

Ian

freqhopping

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 01:37:32 AM »
I've done all that and the final result is what is displayed in my attached images.  Until I have a working driver nothing else matters.

solarix

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 05:08:54 AM »
You might have 64 bit edition. I have to press F8 (before Windows boots) and disable driver signature enforcement during boot. It's a pain but only way to work until they new driver can be released.

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
I've done all that and the final result is what is displayed in my attached images.  Until I have a working driver nothing else matters.

if you followed my instuctions the images you listed do not come up at all.  give it a try again

puddy
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

freqhopping

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:43 PM »

if you followed my instuctions the images you listed do not come up at all.  give it a try again

puddy

What I posted is a result of doing just that.  However, after disabling driver signature enforcement before booting it started working as soon as I plugged it in.