AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Squawk Filter  (Read 7338 times)

EK01

Squawk Filter
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:10:42 PM »
Guys,

In the quick filter scroll down menu there is a feature marked squawk. I entered this and then put in = in the next box. Can anyone tell me what is meant to happen. Will a highlighted aircraft for example show it's squawk code in the next box along. I can't seem to find anything relating to the operation of the quick filter section in the online manual.

Cheers,

Ian

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Squawk Filter
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:16:18 PM »
Hi Ian

Quick filter filters the grid so that it only shows aircraft that match what you put in the box to the right of the operator (= sign).

So if you're interested in a particular squawk code you would enter that on the right - for all parachuting aircraft you could enter Squawk = 0033, for example, or for all squawks beginning with 7 you could enter Squawk = 7*

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »
Rod,

Does that mean if I put 7* in the box, the grid would therefore only show aircraft sqawking 7*. I was really hoping that it would be something similar to the program that I think it was Andy Frost had where the squawk code for all aircraft in my flights showed up. That was a program that I used to have but have now found it unfortunately to be not so good as it is now, I believe, subject to a 5 minute delay. If an aircraft is having an emergency situation, I would prefer to know about it in real time.

Andy,
Over to you and thanks Rod.

Cheers,

Ian 

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »
Hi Ian

To know about sqawks in real time, use alerts, for example set an alert for squawk 7700 or, for the Red Arrows, 7003.

You do realise that there is a Squawk column in the grid - towards the right, where all the squawks are shown? But the sqauwks aren't decoded like Sqawkbox can do - even Andy of Sqawkbox can only find decodes for the UK, Turkey and another country that I've forgotten - so it wouldn't be much use for users in the rest of the world.

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »
Rod,

Thanks for that. I have set up various squawks under alerts. I have to be honest and say I never noticed the squawk column in the grid as I usually only have it open as far as the Altitude column. I have now deleted some of the columns deemed not necessary for me through 'preferences' and resized the grid to show the squawk codes for the various aircraft in real time.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,

Ian

Fenris

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »
But the sqauwks aren't decoded like Sqawkbox can do - even Andy of Sqawkbox can only find decodes for the UK, Turkey and another country that I've forgotten - so it wouldn't be much use for users in the rest of the world.

Allowing the creation of a code->description matching file would be quite useful then, that way someone could maintain it themselves with whatever information they had from other sources.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
Allowing the creation of a code->description matching file would be quite useful then, that way someone could maintain it themselves with whatever information they had from other sources.

Which is exactly what Airnav were planning on developing for v3, but it got dropped from the development plans :(

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 07:35:48 AM »
even Andy of Sqawkbox can only find decodes for the UK, Turkey and another country that I've forgotten - so it wouldn't be much use for users in the rest of the world.

seems to be some info in these docs for Australia:

http://www.ivaoau.com/atc/index_ssr.php
http://www.casa.gov.au/pilots/download/vfr/general.pdf

merged data for Australia:

0000        SSR data unreliable
0001-0017    Air Ambulance Emergency Medivac - Helicopter
0020-0027    Air Ambulance Emergency Medivac
0030-0037    Radar Flight Evaluation / Sector Calibration
0040-0057    MET research flight
0060-0077    Aircraft Paradropping
0100-0177    Royal Flights
0200-0277    Royal Flights - Helicopter
1000       NATO Fighter Ops.
1100       NATO Fighter Ops.
1200       Standard VFR in Australia
2000       Civil IFR flights in G airspace.
2001-2777    IFR Flights in Australia
3000       Civil flights in A, C & D airspace or IFR flights in G airspace
4000       NATO Fighter Ops.
5000       NATO Fighter Ops.
6000       Military flights in G airspace
7000       Standard VFR in Europe - In US. standard VFR code is 1200
7001-7017    Aerobactic flights
7020-7037    Police Flights
7040-7477    VFR flights
7500       Hi-Jacking
7501-7527    Aircraft engaged in police air support operations
7530-7557    Aircraft engaged in police air support operations - Helicopters
7600       Radio Failure
7700       Emergency
7701-7727    Aircraft engaged in actual SAR Operations
7730-7757    Aircraft engaged in actual SAR Operations - Helicopters
7760-7776    Ground Transponders Tests/Trials

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
pjm, many thanks for the links, I also found the ivao link. However I wasn't sure whether I could rely on this data as it had come from the flight simulation community (see http://www.ivao.aero/) and not from an aviation authority in the country concerned, so it might not relate to the real world as such. The codes given in the casa.gov.au document are undoubtedly usable and reliable though.

I also found a list of codes for New Zealand and a discussion of squawk codes of other countries at http://mbev.net/wikka/TranspondersAndSquawkCodes?show_comments=1. Once again though that relates to the world of flight simulation and not necessarily to the real world.

That said, as you have a fairly comprehensive list it could be quickly assembled into a file to accompany SquawkBox for test purposes perhaps adding a disclaimer as to its accuracy.