anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Old Software  (Read 4324 times)

chassi

Old Software
« on: September 03, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »
I purchased the Radar Box yesterday from Waters & Stanton....Although it works well

beyond my expectations on the supplied antenna (Have it sitting on an internal windowsill),

I was surprised to find that the Software on the CD is entitled "ANRB13Setup" with a date

of 27/09/2007.....I did'nt use it as I had previously installed vers 2.0 to evaluate the

product in Demo mode...Firmware is 1.01.2....Seems like the box has been hanging

around for quite some time?

FYI...Have purchased the SSE-1090SJ MK11 Antenna....hoping to fit as soon as time &

weather permit...I must just say in connection with the latter that dealing with JIM FINCH

& his other half MARIKO who supplied it has been an absolute delight...It makes such a

change in this day & age to deal with such helpfull & understanding people.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Old Software
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
Welcome,

If you are using the software version 2 and the firmware 1.01.2 then you are up to date. Nothing to worry about.

All the RadarBoxes at the moment have 1.3 on the CD. We have produced about 6 updates to the software in the last year so the CDs are always behind.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
Starting in Oct all the CDs will come with version 2.0.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »
The RadarBox software development is so quick, that it's never going to be possible to keep the installation CD's in the box up to date :-)

On the other hand, if you had bought an SBS-1 12 months ago, you could use the installation CD that came with it and still be using the latest software ....... ha ha!

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »
Allocator,
For the record, the latest SBS1 software was introduced about 2 months ago, v1.1.1.130.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:05:01 PM »
Allocator,
For the record, the latest SBS1 software was introduced about 2 months ago, v1.1.1.130.

Yes, but that was only to enable the Ethernet module, it doesn't actually give any increased functionality.

I quote from the Kinetic Aviation Website:

N.B. Before installing this version of Basestation you must upgrade your firmware to version v301 or later, if you have not already done so. (This will only be the case if your current version of BaseStation is earlier than 1.1.0.64 - if you are already running that version then you will already have the v301 firmware).

This is an upgrade (code named "Snoopy7") for existing users. (Requires SBS-1 hardware to run). It contains minor functionality upgrades useful for those running the new Ethernet add-on module. For more details on its new features, please visit the announcement section of our forums.

Date:24 Apr 2008 Size 12.64MB
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:09:47 PM by Allocator »

chassi

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »
Tks vm for the info...I must admit that I originally was going to go for the SBS-1 but I

had problems with one of the main addons, namely Flight Display.....Although it worked,

it generated loads of error messages so I came to the conclusion that I did'nt want to

spend my time trying to sort that out & possibly problems with other addons....I wanted

to spend my time enjoying my hobby which Radar Box enables me to do in a way that

I never imagined was possible....I think its absolutely brilliant