anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Singapore PC-21 tie-ups - Can the Australians on here help  (Read 9486 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Singapore PC-21 tie-ups - Can the Australians on here help
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
Slightly off topic, but are we entirely sure the civil part of the registration is worthy of inclusion?

Everything I've seen on these rascals leans solely to the military serial anyway?

They're not just either delivery registrations relating to some odd Singapore import legality are they (wouldn't be the first time they've bee somewhat tetchy over military purchases)??

Maybe we just go with the military serial alone if that's what's only carried on the aircraft?

In this case, the assumption appears to be that, since Singapore civil codes are algorithmically related to registrations, then the same algorithm can be applied in reverse to a military hex code to produce a "civil" registration".

I don't know whether that's a valid assumption or not, I only know that I've never come across Singapore civil registrations in the 9V-Y** sequence, and there is certainly no sign of a civil reg painted on the aircraft.

However whether or not those PC-21s have civil registrations, the general issue remains - how to deal with aircraft that definitely do have (and wear) dual civil/military marks. 

The Egyptian C-130s spring to mind, for example.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ACW367

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »
OK while we sort this out, I have deleted the 9V-Y** from these PC21's on the updater.   So you can reload them as required to your Navdata.

We will engage with Airnav Dev and work out a way to get Dual Registrations annotated.  Alongside the C130s, French Ultralights and French Mil also spring to mind.  One could also argue that UK Gliders are now dual registered with a CAA and a BGA identity.

At AeroExpo on Sunday I picked up Breezer Aircraft Breezer F-JRZF / 95-ABA  (Code 38A3FC).  I have now temorarily removed the latter part until we can sort out how to present it. 

shaun

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
Tie-ups you say?
10 NM NW of EGMC
Essex
UK

Protzenalp

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
Here are the tie-ups for the Swiss Air Force PC-21 fleet.

Pilatus PC-21   A-101   103   PC21   Swiss Air Force   Switzerland   4B7FAE
Pilatus PC-21   A-102   104   PC21   Swiss Air Force   Switzerland   4B7FAD
Pilatus PC-21   A-103   105   PC21   Swiss Air Force   Switzerland   4B7FAC
Pilatus PC-21   A-104   106   PC21   Swiss Air Force   Switzerland   4B7FAB
Pilatus PC-21   A-105   107   PC21   Swiss Air Force   Switzerland   4B7FAA
Pilatus PC-21   A-106   108   PC21   Swiss Air Force   Switzerland   4B7FA9

ACW367

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »
Thank you protzenalp

The only Swiss one I had not entered was A-106, as the mode S Yahoo group did not have it as a positive tie-up.  As you appear to be from the region, I will now add it as positively tied-up.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 01:20:03 AM »
Nearly there ;-)

Rod
Rod

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 08:30:51 AM »
Nearly there ;-)

Rod

Classic!

That explains it then, the MiG must carry the 9V reg  - we're only trying to keep one step ahead! ;-)