anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database  (Read 1580 times)

Canonjohns40D

Database
« on: August 01, 2010, 02:50:14 PM »
Hi Guys

I've been a bit out of the loop recently as my wife is unwell. In trying to catch up I have noted that a lot of work, via volunteers, is ongoing on correcting the database.

I have seen updates for wrong aircraft informtion being posted and I assume the database is then updated. My question is does this update all our databases automatically or should i be uploading a new version?

Sorry if it's a daft question I'll try and catch up ASAP.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Database
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »
My question is does this update all our databases automatically or should i be uploading a new version?

No (it doesn't), and no (you can't).

Although hopefully it won't be long before we're able to download the new database.

Here's the link (although it's not yet working): www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/databaseupdates/NavData.db3
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »
Hi John,

It wont update wrong information automatically, Airnav will need to provide an updated Navdata file at some stage.  

I hope your wife is feeling better now and is on the mend

Alan
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:07:09 PM by Runway 31 »

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
Thanks Dave and Alan appreciate your help. Alan unfortunatly the news is not so good re my wife but she is feeling ok presently.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.