AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Install & Operations Problem - Vista and Windows 7  (Read 4345 times)

CZUL

Install & Operations Problem - Vista and Windows 7
« on: June 07, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »
I'm attempting to install RB on my Windows 7 system. I'm having two issues. First, the USB drivers will not load, even if I attempt to load them manually. I've looked over the web site and I cannot seem to locate any info about this.  No issues loading them into Vista.

The other issue I'm having is related to the the Home Station info. When I enter the data (Montreal CA) then press OK, nothing happens. This occurs in XP, Vista and 7.

I downloaded the installer directly from the website. My older install of 3.13 is working fine on my main PC. I'm currently try to load it on an laptop temporarily for use while I'm moving.

I'm using Windows 7 32bit on a Dell Latitude E6500, 4GB RAM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Runway 31

Re: Install & Operations Problem - Vista and Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:46:12 PM »
Paul dont know about windows 7 but regarding the home location are you using decimal lat,long co-ordinates.  I find the best way is to use Google Earth and to zoom into your house then enter the details into Airnav

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
Start in demo mode and enter the home details there, then exit and start normally.

What do you mean the drivers don't load?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CZUL

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
Loading in DEMO mode and entering the coordinates, then restarting in normal mode resolved this issue. Weird thing is that I never had that problem before with any of the previous installations I had.

As for the drivers. When I attach the the RB unit via USB is searches for the drivers but cannot locate them. I have the link for the updated ftd drivers. I'll test it later on.

Bob SEN

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »
I had a similar problem with the loading of drivers Win7, & when asked to "search" for the drivers, after many attempts & different locations I got it working by directing the search to the installed Airnav drivers directory........ ( c:/program files(x86)/airnav systems/airnav radarbox/drivers ) & hey presto!!!........... well it worked for me anyway.......... ;-)

Zeek
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

Tramline

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »
I had a similar problem with the loading of drivers Win7, & when asked to "search" for the drivers, after many attempts & different locations I got it working by directing the search to the installed Airnav drivers directory........ ( c:/program files(x86)/airnav systems/airnav radarbox/drivers ) & hey presto!!!........... well it worked for me anyway.......... ;-)

Zeek

I also had a right old game trying to sort out the drivers.  I hope future upgrades will avoid this painful process.

That said, I've finally got 3.13 running on Windows 7 64bit and it works very well.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.