anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: auto mail/ UCT time adjustments  (Read 1986 times)

maxrad

auto mail/ UCT time adjustments
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »
why is it that radar box manages to auto send faultless logs, then suddenly stops sending, and no matter what I do I cannot make it send again, the only software installed on the laptop is airnav and winxp any advice welcome.

and my radar box is set up in the uk so the UCT time ofsett is 0.00 but because of GMT, BST the UCT offsett needs to be +1 but the RB still displays UCT standard resulting in a one hour diference, how can I adjust the UCT timings shown down the left hand side so they show relavent time to the place I live,

neroon79

Re: auto mail/ UCT time adjustments
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 03:27:04 AM »
I have quite similar problems with the automatic LOG sending, but usually it comes back after a few day, but it some cases it doesn't. Sometimes a restart of RB Software or the whole System helps. Sometimes it is working again after clearing the MyLog tables. But I haven't found a reproduce-able solution or a hint what's causing this problem yet, except the fact, that AN stated a few month ago, that 4.03 Software has a Bug which sometimes causes auto-log sending problems.

About UTC: You can try preferances -> General -> and then on bottom right: under MyLog tick "Use Local Times on MyLog". I've never tried this because I'm happy with the UTC times because I've adapted to them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:28:59 AM by neroon79 »
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

FACTflights

• Amateur Radio is my hobby.
Re: auto mail/ UCT time adjustments
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:45:52 AM »
UCT  (Universal Time Constant) replaced  GMT several years ago.  It is never offset.  It is determined from the 0° Longitude line.  The rest of the World off sets its time by one hour for every 15° longitude away from 0°.  PLus if you go East from zero  and minus if you go West from zero.

The Time Zones are also called Alfa, Bravo, Charlie etc going West from UTC which is Zulu Time.

The indicated UTC should be loaded from a dedicated time network.

Your indicated local time and daylight saving time is determined by the settings in your computer.
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.