AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: plane disappear  (Read 3442 times)

anthony

plane disappear
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »
Hi all,
I'm a little problem with Radar Box, all goes great but when a plane is approaching an airport to land I can se it just until about 2900/2600 feet altitude (about) and suddenly the plane disappear from my screen.  So I cant never see the landing. I know is possible to follow the plane and see it landing...(I saw some screenshot showing planes landing).
Maybe is a wrong setting of my software..  but i read many times the manual and it seems all setted fine.....
Can anyone help me for this ?
Thank you very much.
                                           Anthony

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: plane disappear
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:06:37 PM »
Hi Anthony,

Of course its possible to watch the aircraft untill it lands and even parks at the stand but this depends on whether the RadarBox is receiving the signal from the aircraft. 

The frequency that the RadarBox is listening to is high and hence you need a to have a clear line of sight between the antenna and the aircraft otherwise the signal gets blocked. The closer the aircraft gets to the ground the harder it is for signal if your antenna is low on the ground.

Best thing to do is get an external antenna and place it as high as possible. However please remember if there is a hill or another obsctruction in the way the signal won't make it through unless the antenna is even higher than that :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

anthony

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »
thank you for your kind answer, in effect my ant (the default one) is very low.
I've an omnidirectional ant on the roof, can i connect Radar Box with that ?
But I see the plugs are different ..
Thanks again.    Bye.
                                        Anthony

steveb25

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »
Be wary of the frequency range. RB uses high frequencies and therefore multi-frequency antenna will not work