AirNav ShipTrax > AirNav ShipTrax Discussion

AirNav ShipTrax AIS Receiver

(1/3) > >>

AirNav Development:
We would to update our users on the status of the ShipTrax Project: after several problems with the company that was developing the necessary AIS Receiver (that caused all the delays already explained on this forum) we decided to outsource this development task to a different company, already experienced in this area.

The good news is that we will develop the first AIS receiver available on the market including all the 4 features below:
- Dual-channel (receives the 2 AIS frequencies at the same time);
- Ethernet output;
- RS232 output;
- USB output;

Unfortunately the bad news is that the release date is estimated to be around the end of April so 3 more months of waiting. This is now and finally a fixed release date as the new contract is already signed.

Anyway make sure we are doing our best to develop the best ever AIS and Ship Tracking system available.

Again thanks for your understating in this matter. I'm sure you will all be addicted to this system as the quality is very similar to the successful AirNav RadarBox.

cosmoc:
sounds great that it is almost here.
Any chance of more screen shots? :-)

BobR:
That's good news. Are you able to give us an idea of a final likely price or is this still being worked on.

Thanks.

AirNav Development:
Not yet decided.

VK2GEL:
Gday,

May I please request that AirNav's AIS receiver has the ability to send its data to any ip/port directly, without the requirement for a local PC.

This greatly improves the reliability of unattended sites that are by virtue of their remoteness, excellent receiving sites.

I currently achieve this with small serial to ethernet device server boxes like this http://www.usconverters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=190

The ability to send data from your receiver to any, not just AirNav, servers will increase its sales potential. In other words, please don't lock its output just to AirNav servers.

Regards, Grant. Sydney.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version