anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Calgary Alberta  (Read 7084 times)

brianmc

Calgary Alberta
« on: May 01, 2010, 02:28:29 AM »
Can someone please provide me with a few snapshots of the Calgary receiver?

I am interested to see how many planes it actually sees in a day....is there some statistics kept?

Maybe the owner of the Calgary receiver would contact me.

Thanks to all

Jay911

Re: Calgary Alberta
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
Hi there,

Due to poor antenna placement (which I hope to address later this spring), I don't see a very large portion of the sky over Calgary proper. I'm positioned about 30nm SW of the city (and airport) and see mainly SW of me, which gives me great views of many intercontinental and regional flights but nothing toward the airport itself. I plan to try to put up a DPD antenna on my ex TV mast later this spring or early summer, and then, expect my range to dramatically increase and "even out" toward the city.

My installation sees a couple hundred aircraft a day depending on the day of week. For example, from 1800 Saturday local to 1800 Sunday local (May 2 UTC), I saw 156 flights. On April 25 1800 local to April 26 1800 local (April 26 UTC), I saw 201 flights.

My box uploads screenshots every 30 seconds to http://jay911.org/radarbox/ . The polar diagram is included on the screenshot and illustrates what I'm (not) seeing.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you desire.

Regards,
--j.
Jason Low
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:38:22 AM by Jay911 »
--j.