anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight Number Query  (Read 13122 times)

bearcat

Re: Flight Number Query
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 07:50:46 PM »
Hi Tarbat

Just been playing with your SQL script and it works very well. Hope you don't mind if it is used to produce reports for Yahoo groups from time to time.

Thanks

Bearcat

Jollygreen

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:41 PM »
Tarbat.. having got home I looked at MyLog and found that the duplicate records have the same MsgCount, albeit on two separate days. Maybe this is why I am seeing duplicates. I have attached a screeen shot of MyLog so you can see what I mean.

Has anyone else noticed this in MyLog when sorted by EndTime

Nigel

ACW367

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 08:39:16 PM »
As I use mylog reporter solely for the purpose of producing logs on the mode S yahoo group.  I am not interested in routing history being stored in mylog.  I post to Yahoo purely to take advantage of the Parser service and to show aircraft that were airborne on that day, rather than to be completely accurate will all flights tracked for specific aircraft over a day.

What I do before asking for the reporter log is to look what time that I recieved the very first aircraft on the day in question, then I set the 'delete old data' tab to a time 20 mins before this.  This deletes the flight details for previous days without removing the aircraft record or todays flights from my logs.  Of course it means in the log it only shows the first flight you track for that aircraft on the day in question, but it means that you are not displaying historic routes flown on previous days in your reporter.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »
Tarbat.. having got home I looked at MyLog and found that the duplicate records have the same MsgCount, albeit on two separate days.

Yes, that's a known issue, discussed on various threads last year - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1218.msg9080#msg9080.  Possibly caused by the PC going into standby, or some other reason for the reception of an aircraft being interupted.

That's why I use my SQL scripts for reporting, so I don't get those duplicates.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:00:04 PM by tarbat »