anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database problem  (Read 6605 times)

Fenris

Re: Database problem
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »
The other poster said much the same thing about the deactivation of ESET, it didn't help. But he changed some apprently unrelated setting and it worked. Maybe you could send him a PM?

NickJackson

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 05:56:01 PM »
I've now changed my ESET settings to the same as Roadrunner and it's still the same.  He then said when he got through the firewall setup there was a further problem with the way the Network access had been setup and that solved it.

Airnav Support can you look into my network access setup?

Getting desperate for a solution now  :-(

hans

• netherlands weather
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »
hi,
i also use nod32 and have no problems with it.
is anrb.exe in higher compatibility?

go  to IMON--setup--HTTP--compatibility clients.
under program you should see anrb.exe 2 times right from them in red it must say "higher compatibility".
you can change that by clicking it.

hope this helpes you
(25km) from Schiphol Amsterdam(EHAM)
http://home.xmsnet.nl/hanmir/radarbox.htm

NickJackson

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 10:04:25 PM »
Well miracles do happen.

1)
I generated a report late this afternoon to check the latest missing aircraft from the database.  Now up to 190 a/c picked up in MyLogs since last Sunday.

2)
Went out tonight, came back and printed the final log report covering todays MyLog.  681 a/c tracked and only 15 missings reg's/aircraf.   That's very low compared to before.

3)
Checked the Database Explorer and virtually all of the ones I was previously missing are now in the main database.  I'll do a full check tomorrow.

4)
What caused them to download and update the database after so long?  It wasn't me - I've been out for 4 hours or more.

I'm happy but I'd really like to know how it happened so I can avoid such heartache again.  This sort of thing isn't a confidence builder for a new user.   That's said I still say it's a great set of functionality.  Perhaps a little more stability and support could make it a real winner.

Nick

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 09:34:54 AM »
Sounds like this isn't a firewall problem then.

I wouldn't be so sure, someone was saying that they had a similar problem and they mentioned ESET. Is that Kaspersky?

Hi there,

I thought I had a problem with Eset a few days ago but like Nick switching it off did not make any difference. I spoke to Eset and they told me how to set up for ANRB.exe, and it appeared my set-up was already correct. In my case it was my change from Delayed Network to Real-time Network had somehow become corrupt and all was well once AirNav sorted it out.

Regards
Mike