anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: USB Drops out on Windows 7  (Read 3806 times)

humphrey

USB Drops out on Windows 7
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »
Hi

Radar box works fine with windows 7 for between 10 and 20 minutes, but then just loses the connection with the box. I have the power light on the box but nothing else, if I unplug the USB and plug it in again, it comes back to life.

I have altered the usb hub so that it does not sleep, have changed the power management settings, but it still disconnects the box.

I never had this problem with Vista, Xp, but it is very annoying now with 7. I have researched this over the internet, and done everything the say about stopping the usb ports from shutting down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: USB Drops out on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:29:34 PM »
Hi Humphrey, you say you've tried everything to stop USB ports from shutting down, next time it does this try going to Control Panel, Device Manager, bottom of the list USB connections, check the RB one and see what it says and let us know.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

humphrey

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »
Hi CoastGuardJon

It has just happened again, and I have gone into control panel and device manager.
AirNav RadarBox is in the list with a standard usb icon.

When I click on the icon and get the properties box up it states that the device is working properly.

I have checked the root hub it is on and it has the let computer turn off this device is unchecked.

All I can think of it is something in win7 as i never had this problem with my old vista pc.

Thanks For any help.

Humphrey

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »
Try it with you old pc if you can, this is to rule out whether the USB connection has been damaged or cable is faulty.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

rashers

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
hi same happened me last week a freind of mine had a look at it it was the usb port in the back of the radarbox was faulty he replaced it and its fine again thats your problem

humphrey

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
Thank you for all the help and suggestions. Aftewr a process of elimanation I have found out it was a faulty USB cable.

RB now works on all computers.

Thanks again for the help.

Humphrey