anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routing info  (Read 2599 times)

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Routing info
« on: September 07, 2009, 10:41:34 AM »
Where is  the routing info derived from.  Is it a just a db based on the the presented flight number?  Or can it come the aircraft?  Reason I ask is that I have a Belgian AF C130 on at the moment, Flight ID as BAF619 but shows the routing EGQL-EBBR (leuchars Brussels).  So is this  its actually routing or just some spurious info stored in a db?

Thanks

Graham

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Routing info
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »
Where is  the routing info derived from.  Is it a just a db based on the the presented flight number?  Or can it come the aircraft?  Reason I ask is that I have a Belgian AF C130 on at the moment, Flight ID as BAF619 but shows the routing EGQL-EBBR (leuchars Brussels).  So is this  its actually routing or just some spurious info stored in a db?

The route displayed is from a table in NavData.db3, there is no provision in Mode S for aircraft to transmit route details.

However it won't come as any surprise to you that the Belgian Air Force doesn't fly regular scheduled services, so any association between a specific flight number (e.g. BAF619 in your case) and a particular route is pretty meaningless and I don't know why it's even in the database.

I've picked the BAF Airbuses with this callsign on numerous occasions, heading in lots of different directions.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 04:21:33 PM »
As suspected but threw me at first.

Ta

Graham

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 04:24:19 PM »
However, Leuchars show is Saturday.  I'm sure there will be a Belgian presence.  I picked up a Belgian Army A109 at the same time and it was reported flying over Northolt.....

So maybe.........

Que the X Files music

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »
Begium F16 expected at Leuchars this weekend - http://www.f16demo.be/

Although FlyteComm currently has BAF619 as en-route from EBBR to St. John's, NL, Canada (CYYT).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:40:09 PM by tarbat »