anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts  (Read 5077 times)

southcoast

Alerts
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »
Hi all, can someone tell me if theres a maximum amount of enteries you can put in the "Alerts" box. I have 504 at the moment but some planes arnt being reconinized. seemed to be working ok before with around 100. Many thanks.
Roger

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Alerts
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:40:45 PM »
Roger,

Do you really NEED to put 504 entries in alerts? Have you put them all in the Registration box?

You do know that you can use 'wildcards' too do you.  In my alerts Mode S box I have:

43C*
AE1*
ADF*
AE0*

And this will alert me to almost all UK and USA military aircraft.

I also use the Fleet Watch function to track the aircraft I'm interested in.  This short list will give me all the A380's, all the BA B777/B747 aircraft, and the good old Vulcan :-)

MANUAL
9V-SK*
VH-OQ*
A6-ED*
G-BNL*
G-BYG*
G-CIV*
G-VII*
G-YMM*
G-RAES
G-VLCN

I know that you don't actually get alerts from the Fleet Watch list, but as soon as I see a number in the SmartView tab, I take a look.  I can also jump to any of the aircraft in the Fleet Watch list by double clicking on them (except for the Vulcan as this doesn't give position information).

southcoast

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:17:22 PM »
Hi, yes all the reg's are in the registration box. I know about the wild card but I dont want to be jumping up every time a BA 777 or 744  or a Easyjet, Ryanair is near me, I am looking for the planes that I havent seen thats the reason for the Reg's, but is there a certain amount of info you can put in the Registration Box ? presume there must be a limit be it Reg's or Hex Codes. Thanks for the reply.
Roger

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
I do think that there is a chance that you are just asking the Alert function to do too much with all those registrations entered.

Just out of interest, why don't you copy all the entries you have into alerts and paste them into Notepad and attach them to a post as a txt file.  Maybe there is a smarter way of capturing all these aircraft.

Do you want an audio/visual alert when these aircraft appear, or do you just want to know that RB has picked them up?

southcoast

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
Thanks for your help but wonder if you can explain this one....RB is now alerting me to flights/Reg's that I havnt even put in the Alerts list!!!! also ones that I have deleted
Is there a file that holds this info if so which one is it so I can delete it and start another Alerts list. Is it a "db3" file or a "dat" file.
Regards . Roger

Allocator

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:32:57 AM »
Roger,

I think that the alert list is stored in the MS Window registry entry for RB.  However, f you delete all those you have entered in the alerts section and exit RB in the normal fashion, then they will all be cleared.

Difficult to help you with specifics here without knowing what you have in the lists, what options for alerts you have set, and what the incorrect alerts are that you are getting.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »
I would say that 504 alerts would be ok in 2.0.  I had twice that many and it worked well. 

In the 3.0 beta this is not the case.  I am finding that with the beta software that a lot of alerts are missed. So I would say a bug in the 3.0 beta rather than two many alerts. 

Also I notice when the Alert is up on the screen the software slows the PC dramatically.  Often this causes the signal to drop and all aircraft on the screen dissapear.  I then restarts and carry's on.

Graham

southcoast

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »
Thanks for the reply Graham. Wonder if you know where the Alerts list is stored, is it in the registry or a "dat" file as I keep getting alerts poping up for aircraft that have been deleted from the alerts list a long time ago.  I only went up to v3 beta for the auto populate. Hope they get all the bugs sorted when the final version is released. Roger in Worthing

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply Graham. Wonder if you know where the Alerts list is stored, is it in the registry or a "dat" file as I keep getting alerts poping up for aircraft that have been deleted from the alerts list a long time ago.  I only went up to v3 beta for the auto populate. Hope they get all the bugs sorted when the final version is released. Roger in Worthing

I've done a Registry search, and this is where I think that the Alert codes are stored:

southcoast

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »
Thanks for that, found in registry .
Roger

jango13

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »
Roger,

Do you really NEED to put 504 entries in alerts? Have you put them all in the Registration box?

You do know that you can use 'wildcards' too do you.  In my alerts Mode S box I have:

43C*
AE1*
ADF*
AE0*

And this will alert me to almost all UK and USA military aircraft.

I also use the Fleet Watch function to track the aircraft I'm interested in.  This short list will give me all the A380's, all the BA B777/B747 aircraft, and the good old Vulcan :-)

MANUAL
9V-SK*
VH-OQ*
A6-ED*
G-BNL*
G-BYG*
G-CIV*
G-VII*
G-YMM*
G-RAES
G-VLCN

I know that you don't actually get alerts from the Fleet Watch list, but as soon as I see a number in the SmartView tab, I take a look.  I can also jump to any of the aircraft in the Fleet Watch list by double clicking on them (except for the Vulcan as this doesn't give position information).

Hi Allocator,
 If I could post a question on your above answer, where do you find out  what the codes mean.eg: 9V-SK*.
Alan

jango13

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 10:46:48 AM »
Sorry posted that wrong.
Alan

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
Alan,

I'm interested in following all the A380 aircraft, the British Airways B747 and B777, so I use Fleet Watch to follow these.

For the civil aircraft, I can use airframes.org to look at the airline fleets and see what the aircraft registrations are, for example, see this:

http://www.airframes.org/fleet/baw

If you look at the registrations, you can see that they run in order for that type of aircraft, except for a couple of out of sequence registrations, hence the G-RAES entry.

I know that Emirates, Quantas and Singapore Airlines are operating the A380, so I can use airframes.org in the same way to get those registrations, and again they run in sequence so I can '*' as a wildcard.

The Hex codes in the alerts box are widely known and are posted on the internet, so I've got these to catch most USA and British Military aircraft.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:00:46 PM by Allocator »

Allocator

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
And this is what I can see in Fleet Watch right now.  I can double click on any of those with position information (all except BAW5W) and the map with jump so that the aircraft is in the centre :-)

jango13

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »
Thanks for that, I could relate to a/c reg, but it was things like the 9V-SK* that was puzzling me. Will go on to Airframes and have a look around, thanks again.
Alan