AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bluescreen of death  (Read 5301 times)

Brisbane

Bluescreen of death
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »
Hi, I have been getting BSOD recently that has been traced back to my Radarbox drivers. Have re-installed drivers to no effect, I have now uninstalled drivers and Radarbox and re-installed but PC has just crashed again. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit. Any idea's appreciated.

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
Re: Bluescreen of death
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
I'm running the same OS with the latest MS updates and I'm not seeing this issue.
Did this start with any updates or new software install?
Sometimes there's a conflict between two programs that will cause the BSOD when an update takes place.
Are you using the latest drivers and if so, is there an older version that you could try?

You could try C Cleaner which will see if there are any registry issues, it's also good for clearing out the rubbish you don't need/use. 

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 01:18:11 PM »
Brisbane,

Have you been always getting these or have they just started? if they have just started, did you install anything recently, hardware/software?

The drivers are stable and many people run them for weeks without any issue.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Burnley

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »
I run Windows 7 64bit and had to reinstall when my RadarBox stopped working. However, this was down to me installing a USB-to-Serial driver which messed up my USB ports.  I reinstalled my computer and all is well again.

Also, before the re-install, I couldn't run a program called CuteFTP with RadarBox as it crashed the RadarBox software.  However, since the re-install I can run both fine.

Just make sure you haven't done or installed anything recently.  What's the error message it gives you?

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »
I had problems initially with Win 7 64 bit, and ended up saving wanted files to another drive, then completely re-formatting HDD and re-installing everything, since, (touching wood, throwing salt over my shoulder with toes and fingers crossed) it has run fine, but if I open another program I find RB map will freeze or has frozen, and I'm unable to do anything until I shut down completely and re-start machine - there's something with RB that 64 bit Win 7 (or vice versa) doesn't like or find compatible, and yes, RB has its own separate folder under C: "AirNav Systems"   PITA!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Brisbane

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:01 PM »
I have had 35 BSOD over roughly a year. They have become more frequently lately, sometimes twice a day. I am wondering if the corrupted file is still lurking somewher and I am going to have to do a Windows re-install.

Burnley

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:44:51 PM »
Well if it's happening that often I would back up files you want to keep and do a re-install.  If you have a decent internet connection, the windows 7 updates could be done quite quickly.

When I do a re-install, I always update the Windows operating system first via Microsoft Update, then install my anti-virus then my software/programs.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »
Thinking back on it, I also had problems with Win 7 Update and turned it off and haven't updated since February time!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Brisbane

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 10:03:59 PM »
Thanks for all the tips, but I've traced it to a compatability issue. Rewinded Radarbox to operate on XP SP2 and so far been three days without blackouts. Fingers crossed.

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 08:16:36 AM »
Which version of RadarBox do you have installed, is it the latest v4.03?

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »
Hi all, I'm running v3.13 (v4.03 in 2D mode) as I'm not interested in 3D, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with updated RB drivers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:37:41 AM by CoastGuardJon »

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 10:46:48 AM »
Me too, only on a W7 32bit.

I wonder if it's anything to do with the USB port power save settings?
I had a problem with my weather station loosing connection and locking the software some time back. That turned out to be the W7 power save settings shutting the USB ports down, even though they were being used.
I've now turned off all the power save settings and it's fine.

Here's a "How Too" if you want to try it: http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/disable-usb-selective-suspending-in-windows-7/

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »
Thanks for that, I'll have a look and try altering the settings if they're turning things off.