anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Missing Airport  (Read 3610 times)

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
Missing Airport
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »
I got my RB up and running yesterday and an very pleased with it, no problems at all, however, my location is EKCH which is Copenhagen and on the radar map the island of Amager upon which EKCH is located, does not exist, if you have a look at your radar maps for Copenhagen you will see what I mean, not really a problem, more of a naggy thing.

Look at the attatched pic, I have circled the Island in blue.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Missing Airport
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »
You could create an outline for the island and put that in the Outlines folder.  It's what I use for the UK coastline, otherwise a lot of the Scottish islands are missing.  In fact, with the standard coastline, my house is in the sea!!

Other High-Res coastal outlines for UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands and Northern France are available at http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:03:40 AM by tarbat »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 10:02:17 AM »
I've had a go at adding the island.  Just put this OUT file in your Outlines folder, and assign an appropriate colour to Map Colour Type 25.

Created using Jordons outline maker at http://www.acme.com/jef/outlines/

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »
You are a star Tarbat, so ye are......Thanks a million pal

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 07:51:24 AM »
I have a little problem.
I have just bought a new laptop which is which is only going to be used for RB and it has vista preinstalled, I have never used vista before and I now HATE it, it is driving me round the bend, here is why......

I downloaded the file EKCH.OUT and saved it to C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Outlines and the map was updated, fine.
When I try to find the file in outlines it is not there, in fact, it is not anywhere to be found on the HD....Any ideas to what has happened here, does vista hide downloaded files.

Hmmm, I think I will get rid of vista and install XP....

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 09:10:17 AM »
If possible follow the advise at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2051.msg16836#msg16836

Otherwise, you'll find the file in Vista's Virtual Store - C:\Users\..........\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »
Thanks again