anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Laptop meltdown, help required please  (Read 1636 times)

superspotter

Laptop meltdown, help required please
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
I just realised that I hijacked somebody else's thread so I am posting as a new thread.
Having had a complete laptop meltown last week I have just had it returned with an new HDD and mother board. I have reinstalled Airnav and v403 but I need the 64bit drivers too. I have downloaded them to a zipped file and I extracted it to C:/Airnav403on my laptop. However, when running Airnav it shows the red box and "Hardware: not connected" Help!!
 kind regards clive.
My equipment: Airnav mobile antenna stuck outside of the highest hotel window available!
View my pictures at  http://www.flickr.com/photos/superspotter

Runway 31

Re: Laptop meltdown, help required please
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:41 AM »
Hi Clive,

Go to Devices and Printers and under Unspecified you should see your Radarabox.  Double click it to open it up and you should see a General and Hardware tab.  Click on hardware and you will see a Properties button bottom right.

Click on it and it will open up with 4 tabs one of which is Driver, click on it and you will see a Change Setting button bottom left, click it and then Update Driver.  You will then be given 2 choices, go for Browse My Computer for Driver Software and lead it to where you have extracted the 64bit drivers to previously.  Once you have done this all should hopefully be well

Alan

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:39:24 AM by Runway 31 »

superspotter

Re: Laptop meltdown, help required please
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »
Sorted! Thanks once again Alan, I dont know what I would do without you :)
Had to use my previous laptop down in Lagos last week!
kind regards clive.
My equipment: Airnav mobile antenna stuck outside of the highest hotel window available!
View my pictures at  http://www.flickr.com/photos/superspotter