anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems installing  (Read 5642 times)

chris

Problems installing
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »
I recently bought my radar box, it was not compatable with my old computer. So i have just purchased a new machine running Vista home premium 32, despite numerous attempts the machine does not work.
My USB light on the box is flashing about 1 per second, but signal light remains off (the antenna is attached). I also live in a high traffic area.
Help! losing will to live

Dan

Re: Problems installing
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 05:27:30 PM »
Chris ,
Just in case ...  As you are using Windows Vista do not forget to right click on the RadarBox Icon and select run with admin rights .
Rgds
Dan.

chris

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 07:49:29 PM »
many thanks dan,
have tried your suggestion without success, might have faulty box!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:27:09 AM »
Chris,

I'm afraid that I haven't used Vista, so I can't really help, but I presume you have seen the bit in the manual which covers this?

Blue LED Blinking at a one time per second:

When the blue LED blinks on for half a second and off for half a second, this indicates that the hardware is being powered by the computer but there is no valid connection between them. This could indicate the USB driver is not installed correctly or because there is a problem with your USB cable. For more information on how to properly install the drivers please go to the Installation section and the Troubleshooting section.

I have no idea how you can examine the hardware settings in Vista - in XP this is My Computer | Properties | Hardware.  This is described in detail in the new manual for the yet to be released V1.4 which can be downloaded from the forum.  The connection fault finding is the same for V1.3

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=394.0

Are you using the USB cable that came with RadarBox.  I have 3 cables that work and one that doesn't - can you try another cable?

What indications do you get on the screen for Hardware and Network connections?

All the best

Allocator

vbrandao

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 09:58:11 PM »
Thanks. This also helped me.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:30:52 PM »
Just an update, customer has contacted us direct and we have asked him to return the RadarBox so we can confirm whether its faulty or not.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]