anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EMail Alerts  (Read 9908 times)

prbflight

Re: EMail Alerts
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 12:18:51 AM »
If the above is true about my ISP (vianet) why does Acarsd auto send reports to me?  My ISP told me they do not block port 25.  I have zero problems with any other application that uses e-mail functions.

Paul@cyyb
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:28:39 AM by prbflight »

GlynH

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 12:31:17 AM »
Strangely some ISP's also block certain IP addresses and/or domain groupings - not just ports.

Depending upon what filters/reporting they use to update their tables certain legitimate addresses are sometimes caught up in this procedure.

Even my own spam filtering at home sometimes marks very well known & legitimate emails as spam and I have to manually add them to my friends list.

Occasionally I get a group of emails from the same sender and one of them gets marked as spam while the others don't - go figure.

I am not saying this is your problem here Paul but if I were you I would hassle my ISP for a definitive answer...

Good luck.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

prbflight

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 03:24:28 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply GlynH.

I will do some more follow-up with my provider.  You have given me much insight to what may be the problem.  I thank you for that.  I still don't understand why Acarsd will auto send me alerts though given your explanation.  Cheers.

Paul@cyyb