AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New customer  (Read 2444 times)

jimbenchas

New customer
« on: December 09, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »
As I am eagerly awaiting  Santa to bring me my shiny new Radarbox could someone please
advise how up to date the supplied database will be and which downloads may be necessary to get me up and running.

Chris11

Re: New customer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »
Hi

The database will be old. I think about 2 years old. Your local database gets updated if you have auto update switched on AND there is no picture of the aircraft in the data\photos directory. My advice would be to delete all the pictures in that directory and let them repopulate with up to date information.

Updated logos can also be downloaded - see the first post in Rod's New logo topic.

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:28:05 AM »
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum.  As Chris states the d/b with the system is well out of date.  We however have a team busy updating as you read and any aircraft not included will be updated as and when clicked on.  You may however find that some aircraft existing on your sytem will be incorrect and will require to be amended manually. Ask on the forum when ready and you will be talked through how to do it.

To gain an idea of the updating of the database being done, have a look at the database update thread.

Again some silhouettes of new aircaft which became available in the intervening period will require adding, again ask and these will be forwarded to you.

You may have to download the appropriate drivers if your computer uses Windows 7 or 64bit drivers.  These can be downloaded from the support pages.  Other than the drivers load it in to your computer plug everything in and it should work away.

Anything else just ask and someone will always be happy to help.

Alan

jimbenchas

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
Thanks for prompt reply. I'm using windows 7 64bit so I guess I'll have to download drivers as suggested.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »
You will find them here  http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip

You will also find help information resources including video here http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/

Alan

jimbenchas

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »
All installed and running perfectly (albeit with ADU utility) - thanks for the help.