AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Update questions  (Read 1650 times)

SteveJ

Database Update questions
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:10:43 AM »
If I understand correctly, one of the purposes of the Database Update thread is to add missing routes to flight ID's?

I'm seeing a bunch of Westjet flights arriving at CYYZ that don't appear to have routes in the database.

From what I can see, the Westjet flight ID's are just 3 digit numbers. Is there a reason not to include these in the database because of the possibility of duplicating a flight ID from another airline?

I just to make sure there's not a problem before I go about submitting a pile of Flight ID's and routes for these flights.

TIA

Runway 31

Re: Database Update questions
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:36:03 AM »
Hi Steve,

There are some WestJet routes in the database, over 130 of them and all use the WestJet ICAO code of WJA.  However as the airline doesnt use the ICAO code the route cannot show in the current version.  As you correctly state without a leading ICAO or IATA code there is no way for the current software to know the airline involved.

You will note however if you use RB24 that where known, routes show for WestJet and other airlines which dont show an ICAO ot IATA code as part of their flight ID.  To overcome this we have added another field to the aircaft table to give the ICAO code for the airline which the RB24 software interprets to allow the route and logo to be shown.

While there is nothing we can do with the current software version, the next software version will use a similar method to overcome the flight ID problem.

While the route may not show in RB now, it will in the next version when it comes out and in RB24 now.

Alan

SteveJ

Database Update questions
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »
That explains why flights I am feeding to RB24 show a route on RB24 while I see nothing on my Radarbox.

Hopefully the new release comes out soon.

Thanks for the help.