anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feeder Map Question  (Read 9242 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Feeder Map Question
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »
Deadcalm,

The current map was NOT designed to be accurate, it just to give a example of what was on the network in the early days so please stop thinking that it is.

The shy customers do get very concerned about this (especially outside UK). In fact I am viewing the stats on the network at the moment and quickly looking down the towns and details entered about 20% have blanked them out which indicates they don't want to give any location information.

Taking on the ideas mention in this thread, we can add an option to allow to use your home location in RB. However looking at the above stats we would estimate 20%+ would not tick the option (even if the GPS location is not rounded up). So the map would not be accurate then either (but we could have accurate map pins in red and IP map pins in blue)

One of the arguments the shy customers give is why do other customers want to know my location when the aircraft picked up will be displayed in the network anyway.

The answer for that from the posts so far don't really add a great deal, we haven't seen such a big benefit from it.

Anyhow it has and has always been on the request list however I think we should all agree there are probally more features request in the actual RadarBox software which are probally best spending more time and discussions about :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]