AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More problems with AirNav  (Read 7236 times)

SteveB

More problems with AirNav
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »
system working fine yesterday..140 my flights over a 1000 networked....switch on today network fine..my flights 0...AirNAv box USB flashing blue Signal barely flashing, diss-conected aerial...re-connected the same...tried desk mount aerial also the same...just seems to be problem after problem at the moment...my friend as the SBS and not had a single problem...i was recomended AirNav but i am serioysly thinking of asking for A REFUND at the moment..spent a lot of cash on the unit and getting the correct aerials fitted in all about £600.....and spent most of my time sorting issues with the system...upgrades that did not work and i had to do a complete re-install...network that was up and down...now this problem..any advice AirNav???

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: More problems with AirNav
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »
Steve, you must do what you must do - however, you do seem to be having problems at the moment.

Have you contacted Support direct at [email protected]

Having reinstalled my SBS-1 for a bit of testing the other day, there is no way that I'm going back to it.  I didn't even bother installing all the 3rd party programs required just to get simple things like aircraft registrations and silhouettes.

Mind you, a lot of people say that black and white TV is great and why would you want a colour set - a bit like the comparison between the SBS-1 and RadarBox :-)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »
SteveB,

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. Not sure what may have happened, it could be anything from a electrical spike damaging the box or just bad luck. Contact support via the support system and they will give you return details.

Regarding the other points you made, they seem to be minor quibbles with the upgrade which I assume was just some data corruption and just needed a full install of RB.

The network while it has had some issues recentelty still has a 95%+ uptime in the last 30 days.

Believe me if you had chosen SBS to reach anywhere near the same functionality and features you would have tore you hair out by now having to install lots of other programs and and settings them up indivudally.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

SteveB

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »
So if i get another box connect the aerial will this electrical spike happen again and again......if thats the case how do i correct it...the desktop aerial only gives me 15 flights max, thats why i chose a better aerial

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
We cannot guess what has caused it without looking at, there could be many reasons.

You will need to sent it back to us for us to check what went wrong and to repair it.
[email protected]

SteveB

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 07:25:10 PM »
Reading on the forum this as happened to other members who have installed a third part aerial....i can put up with the software issues being in software myself...and i know the benifits to haveing AirNav thats why i chose it above SBS...my freind SBS aerial is the same has mine and installed on top of a 19 story block of flats and he's had no problems..my fear is i get it repaired or a new box and it happens again..i have emailed support but no reply yet

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
I've used the SBS-1 BS1100 external antenna for over a year now with my RadarBox - don't listen to the scare stories.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »
Support have got back to you with the return details. If it is found to be a issue from static we will advise you on ways to minimise it.

I stress the word "if" as its only affected a handful of customers out 1500 Radar Boxes.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:42:41 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

SteveB

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »
ok thanks...sorry for the rant but i just want it right...i will send it back tomorrow and hopefully get it repaired or a new box.....

radarphil

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »
hi steve i have had the same problem with the radar box yesterday,my network flights are working fine but my hardwear flights have diminished to about 20 ,i have the sbs-1 runninn next to it on differant computer and its tracking over 60 acft,the sbs-1 runs on seperate aerial so i swaped the box round to different aerial and no improvement.i am sending my box back but i agree i have had no probs with the sbs-1 it just keeps going mate

SteveB

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 02:50:19 PM »
Support have got back to you with the return details. If it is found to be a issue from static we will advise you on ways to minimise it.

So if it was static that screwed my box up, how do i make sure this does not happen again?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
We would get more details of your antenna setup and advise you to have a DC Block.
[email protected]

SteveB

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »
The aerial i have fitted is a Radarama...fitted with RG213 cable....aerial

See link
http://www.rocketradio.co.uk/radarama-base-antenna-for-airnav-radarbox-and-kinetic-avionics-sbs-1-1488-p.asp

SteveB

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 07:37:34 PM »
not got my box back yet...i have enclosed the details of my setup above, so what is your advice regarding DC setup?