AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question / Help  (Read 5795 times)

Paulc

Question / Help
« on: June 21, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »
Does operating a radarbox in the vicinty of an sbs cause a problem? I have just returned from a mates house where he has an sbs and using them both in close proximity caused the radarbox to loose all details for maybe 10 seconds and then they would return. This happened every 5-10 mins over several hours but I have not had any probems like this at home.

Another thing that I find is that on my default / home map, I have airfield names showing ,a particular set of columns showing one the flight box and I have turned the photos off (to get a longer flight box) I have saved this layout (several times) yet every time I start the system and use the default map I have to set it up again. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it my system not doing what I would hope / expect.

I am running the 2008 software and the latest firmware.

Spaice

Re: Question / Help
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »
I would be suprised if the SBS was causing a problem, being as you had taken it to a friends house are you sure you had connected all the connections poperly.  What kind of details were you loosing?  Perhaps your laptop has some kind of power savin mode invoked or insufficient power to the USB port that powers your RB.

Spaice

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:28:12 PM »
I see what you mean, turning off hte photographs seems not to be stored in the profile and reverts to being on when you start a new session. It would seem to be a bug.

Paulc

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »
Connections were fine, not that many to make / check. I was loosing the map picture, then some / all of the flight box details for 10-15 seconds then all came back for a few mins then went again. Laptop was on mains power rather than battery and no power saving mode in place and I do not get the same issues at home. Unit has been connected at home for the last hour and has not had a problem.

Glad it is not only mine that does that. some to request in the next software version maybe.  

Spaice

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 09:16:26 PM »
Did you have a connection to the internet?  If you did, perhaps the connection was not up to sharing data between to computers on the network inturn causing the RB to wait for network update.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 11:00:29 PM »
They should not interfer with each other. Its likely as Spaice says that either power saving was issue or you were not connected to the net and hence it kept trying and slowed down.

The bug you mentioned is being noted.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Paulc

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 06:41:43 AM »
thanks - laptop has no power saving enabled and was mains powered. Not connected to internet at that location but use wifi at home. Next time I go there I will ask my mate to turn off the sbs for a bit - see if that makes any difference.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 07:24:08 AM »
Try turning OFF the Share Flight Data option in preferences when you're not connected to the internet.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 07:30:06 AM »
I've used RadarBox and the SBS-1 at the same time, each using their own antenna, without any problem at all.  I did this to compare performance so I had the laptop with the SBS-1 running next to the desktop running RB.  Very little difference in performance, other than the far superior RadarBox interface :-)

Paulc

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »
thanks for the replies.

Another thing I have noticed is when the system is minimised it does not always restore? Also I have saved my default map but it seems to open on something different with no interface showing and the wrong map.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:43:18 AM »
I have both RB and SBS1. The units are next to each other on the bench but each connected to its own Desktop PC with the Monitors also next to each other. I have never had a problem caused by one onto the other and find that the perfomance of both for those aircraft they have both picked up is identical, that is with the SBS1 aerial in my loft while the RB one is still by the den window.

steveb25

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 11:51:44 AM »
PaulC

The minimise problem is known and will hopefully be fixed in the next release of the software.

Paulc

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »
Thanks - will look forward to that being released somewhen soon(ish)